Tourettes patient gets physical

LRF4N

Watched the documentary with him a few years ago

I remember seeing that too, I think it was in the 80's. I think once they did the documentary and it was shown his life changed dramatically.

People suddenly understood he had a neurological condition and he wasn't a 'mentol'. The people in his community began to accept him, talk to him and treat him like any other person even with the tics and involuntary vocal expressions

I find that quite reassuring, restores my fait in humanity a bit. :)

*clip did make me laugh though :blush::lol: *

This guy has severe Tourette's and is well know. Search you tube for him. The full documentary is on here. Even he finds some of the stuff he comes out with funny. Very good documentary following him from a kid to adults. Will open your eyes to the bigger picture of what these guys deal with every day.

Tourettes or not, haven't we all felt like doing this whilst shopping with our partners? I'm sure I got slapped off my mrs over cheese once. We now shop online :dry:

That's his careworker :lol:

I hate shopping. I know what I'm buying, I go and buy and leave... B):lol:

+1 Neil, that's proper bloke shopping and hence why mrs glrnet won't go shopping with me :lol::lol::thumbs:

Tourettes or not, haven't we all felt like doing this whilst shopping with our partners? I'm sure I got slapped off my mrs over cheese once. We now shop online :dry:

That's his careworker :lol:

I hate shopping. I know what I'm buying, I go and buy and leave... B):lol:

While it is a funny clip, it is a tragic programme if you take the time to watch it all.

Personally, I find it disgusting and very poor taste that this sort of thing should be on You Tube and then re-cycled on other "social networks", actually I find it offensive.

Now while I thought, initially, that when my Dad appeared with his underpants over his trousers for the first time, believe me, the later stages of dimentia is not a funny place to be with any loved one, and in the end, death didn't come quick enough, for all involved.

Bit heavy, I know, but mental health "issues" will one day affect everyone on here at some stage, you'll think twice before having a good laugh at them when that's the case.

I hate mental illness; thankfully none of my family *touch wood* have ever suffered but its the one thing that scares the absolute cr@p out of me :(

Come and spend a day at one of our services, may help you. I'm Acting Chairman of the Board of Trustees. http://wilfward.org.uk/Con5/

Just to clarify when I say hate and am scared of, its in regard to the various illnesses not the sufferers; I want to run the London marathon in 2013 for a mental health charity and I am leaning towards alzheimer's society, one of my mum's life long friends is in the intermediate stages now, truly horrible seeing a kind woman slowly lose herself :(

I hate mental illness; thankfully none of my family *touch wood* have ever suffered but its the one thing that scares the absolute cr@p out of me :(

Come and spend a day at one of our services, may help you. I'm Acting Chairman of the Board of Trustees. http://wilfward.org.uk/Con5/

Just to clarify when I say hate and am scared of, its in regard to the various illnesses not the sufferers; I want to run the London marathon in 2013 for a mental health charity and I am leaning towards alzheimer's society, one of my mum's life long friends is in the intermediate stages now, truly horrible seeing a kind woman slowly lose herself :(

I understand, I wasn't suggesting you were scared of the sufferers but being in the company of children and adults with disability really helps. I hope you manage to run the London Marathon, I'll sponser you for a few quid if you do.

I don't think anyone thought you meant you hated the mentally ill. :thumbs:

Very emotive subject but I don't think anyone on here is laughing at the guy with tourettes, more at the poor unfortunate woman getting a smack in the hooter :blackeye:

:)

I fully understand I just wanted to clarify just in case as my post wasn't particularly well written and some people do fear what they don't understand and also.... the internet is full of folk that misinterpret :)

Thanks mbs, doing the Reading 1/2 marathon next year and will carry on training for the full thing, hoping that I get a place. I can fully relate to spending time with people. When I worked for Cap Gemini a couple of years ago I did some work with the prince's trust. We took some young folk (18-25) from difficult backgrounds to a fishery near Telford where we met up with a charity for children with learning difficulties and spent the day with them helping them catch the fish and enjoy their day, it was massively rewarding for all involved and I'd encourage anyone to jump in if they get the chance to - the kids were lovely and the little boy I was looking after caught about 12 in a net, he was only about 5 but didn't stop smiling :)

Regarding the clack on the hooter and getting back on topic it was a great shot :)