Handsfree microphone issue ?

ioneabee

when using the onboard handsfree kit, I can hear perfectly clearly my caller, but appernetly I'm blanking out on their end all the time !!

This is not a connection or signal issue (as far as I can tell) - as my phone is showing full signal (HTC)

Does anyone else get this or know anything about it ?

I'm about to log it as a warranty issue with the dealer

Not had the same problem, in fact everyone says its crystal clear - and also when I've talked to Colin on his before he's been very clear too.

Phones really arent very good at showing real time signal, so if you are moving it could very easily be the signal, especially if its a 3G signal as they dont travel as far as 2G. Whats it like if you call someone and you're stationary? Or move the phone around in the car (ie put it on the dash so it gets better signal)?

If its still the same when not moving, I'd get it back to Nissan.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the same on my 2010 Roadster - I can hear the caller no problem, but they say very difficult to hear me - usually very faint and distorted.

Makes no difference where the phone is in the car, no difference whether moving or parked.

Dealer view is that you should expect more background noise due to the soft top!

Regards

Andrew

I'm sure you have, but as it has not been mentioned on the thread so far........

Have you checked your outgoing phone volume is set at a high enough level?

If not, go into "settings" - "Volume & Beeps" - "Phone Outgoing Vol" and adjust.

(Page 8-5 of your owner's manual for the various ways to access if you are not sure)

Background noise should not be an issue when the a car is parked with the roof up :wacko: Bad dealer :thumbdown:

Exactly the same on my 2010 Roadster - I can hear the caller no problem, but they say very difficult to hear me - usually very faint and distorted.

Makes no difference where the phone is in the car, no difference whether moving or parked.

Dealer view is that you should expect more background noise due to the soft top!

Regards

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Was there any conclusions made to this thread?

I'm having the same issue with my handsfree kit, speed and road type seem to be irrelevant and whilst incoming audio is excellent I've been described as being in a fishbowl at best!

I've been treating this as a warranty issue with the dealer who have changed both the microfone AND control unit so far, unfortunately to no avail...

If you have tried the options in the manual:

Volume

The following kinds of phone volume can be set.

Pushing the PHONE button and selecting the

“Volume†key can also operate the same

settings.

. Ringtone/Incoming Call/Outgoing Call

To increase or decrease the volume, select

the “Ringtoneâ€, “Incoming Call†or “Outgoing

Call†key and adjust it with the multifunction

controller.

and speaking towards the microphone in the centre roof section hasn't solved the problem, or trying a different handset dosen't improve things, then you need to get the Dealer to sort it. If they don't seem capable then contact Nissan Customer Services and if necessary insist on an inspection by one of their techies.

I've never had an issue in my (pre-Premium Connect) 370, other than the usual signal breakdown :shrug:

Found this.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/152628-step-step-guide-swapping-telephone-microphone-correct-side.html

Investigated my roadster - and yes the microphone is passenger side and aiming slightly (10 degrees?) towards passenger, all you need is a hot screwdriver to make some mounting holes on the side facing driver and the result is the microphone is about 2 inches closer to driver but importantly aiming 10 degrees towards driver not 10 degrees away!

People now say they can hear me more clearly - not brillaintly but a lot better than before!

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

After having an investigate of another car (and chatting with friendly local dealer) - it is slightly more variable! Not only do some cars have them on left side rather than right side (even dealer does not know why!), whether you can "self-fix" depends upon how the cables has been routed. Sometimes there is enough slack to pull gently (as in my case), but in others it is necessary to remove the headlining so as to reroute the cable to create enough slack.

I always thought the Japanese were rather good on quality control - all this variation in how they get built is a bit concening!

Andrew

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Managed to sort mine earlier as was on the handsfree yesterday ended up having to stop and disconnect to finish the call, firstly I turned the outgoing volume up to full then removed the light cover to discover my mic was on the passenger side and had no slack at all, I popped the inner frame out and undid the mic cable I then moved it across to drivers side put back together then while on the road rang the same person I was shouting at yesterday and was able to have a conversation without even having to shout took about 10 minutes to sort it hope this helps someone out ☺

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Robchriscross