GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER

4RE Leather

I think what thenoname means it that the strut brace towers on the Cusco are non adjustable and if you raise it with spacers, the angle will alter, even if slightly.

the OEM one, which allows for adjustment is probably more suited to the task.

this is prolly the main reason why i have stayed away from a plenum spacer because i have the GT Spec CF strut brace, again with no means of adjusting.

Don't know whether the non CF GT Spec one would work or the one from Summit.

Mind you, the non CF one from GT Spec allows you to seperate the bar from the mounting towers, so maybe thats a yes

Thanks for that. Exactly. Did not help that the yanks sent it over with the brackets on back to front.

Anyway I hate the sight of it now so it is in a box done at Abbey and they are £200 in Uk

I am waiting for scott to send the pictures, but I am selling it and Abbey will post it.

Anyone want details pm for my email.

thenoname

You can of course request a thread to be locked. But as I say, I see no reason for it.

You were not berated from what I can tell (though I do apologise for any comments I made regarding posting pics).

Sorry to hear it has affected your health.

My reason for not closing the thread at this time, is that you are the first member to S/C a HR engined car, and the first to have a GTM S/C kit fitted.

People are going to have lots of questions. And so far, you are the only one who could answer them. :teeth:

Ok line in the sand and all that. The Cusco will fit a 2003-2009 Zed. That much we know for a fact And it can pivit left to right I fear that it will not do the job it is supposed to do. Be an aftermarket stronger nice polished piece of bling instead of that grotty thing (my opinion)

That i have now. Anyway jap parts that advertise on here aquired one and it went straight on. I hope i have got this next bit right or l will get bollocked from Abbey

Because the Supercharger is basically for the American left hand market, some adaptions had to be done. And the engine had to be raised a further 20mm to allow it to fit. And it's this that stopped the cusco bar from fitting. Because on the engine cover of the HR there is a channel. So you can raise the engine and the stock strut bar will fit in this chanel. However the Cusco is wider than the channel and from what I can see straddles it. Hence it is as tight as a Ducks butt on the engine cover and touches the Bonnet strenthening cross members. I did not want to grind the bonnet, so got another stock. But for ever wishing to play, I am going to find another stock bar and get it chromed. I am also going to get the suspension struts that tarmac will be getting in the spring. Including the inner wing triangled ones. Plus I am going to put a "Big Brake Kit" on. The fact that my z can now go quicker and faster does not mean that it is safe to do so. Hence so many unsuspecting Merc and BMW drivers, chip there car and don't do the upgrades needed for saftety, and end up in the morgue.

Thats why these cars are limited to 155mph. (Mercedes told me this) The Mercedes 6.3 bi turbo AMG CLS and the 350 grand edition diesel CLS will both do 155mph but are both limited to 155! Yet the AMG will beat a 360 ferrari. stay up with a 430 Ferrari and trounce most Aston Martins. So why do Mercedes limit them to 155mph? Because it is estimated that it will now cost a further £35-40k to streangthen it so as to cope with the extra Gforce and ability to brake from 200 mph as opposed to 155mph. And then they would be the same price as Bentleys, Astons ect. And l know what I would rather buy! Same principle l am guessing with the 350z and GTR. you can make a 350 almost as quick as a GTR but will it stop as quick and how long would it be b4 the inner wing flexing and brakes ect would finally cry out for help? (This is my opinion) and I am taking no chances with my life! :)

Thenoname

Its not a true BBK as they are just standard (UK) 370z brakes. They are equivelant to the 370z as Brembos were to the 350z , standard over here but upgrade to the US base cars. So bigger than a standard 350z Brembo brake, but not BBK in my mind. Certainly have more stopping power than the Brembo's but suffer a bit of loss of modulation.

I sent you the wrong page. that was for the bog standard kit. which was a straight swop I was going to get the Akebono big brake kits.

I saw a picture of the one I was thinking about. It had a picture of the Brembo next to it and the one l wanted was double the size.

If i get it or not depends weather I keep the car. That link was apparently just how to install one.

The one good thing is if i do get a kit i can fit it myself!

Thenoname

I just can't find the page. But they had a Picture of a stock front Brembo Next to the Big brake Brembo which looked almost twice the size, and then this other one that I thought was the largest Akebono they had which was the same size as the Big brembo kit. But I lost the page.

Anyway due to a sudden change in my private circumstances everything other than the s/c build is on hold.

Interested to know purley for debate. Would a GTR brake kit fit and how much would it be?

I am fully aware that i shall have to cut the dust cover. But as I said. everythibg is on hold. Even spraying my splash guards.:(

Any firearms holders on here looking to purchase a few of my articals:) need to get some funds quick lol!

:headhurt:

its all good, you can get used to the power and upgrade the support mods afterwards anyway :D

I'll prolly take the cusco off you mate.

Not sure why you'd go GTR kit, look at pf,stoptech,wilwood instead, unless your going mad jap style :D

When I do go there it will most proberbly be the Akebono with red callipers to go with my black wheels.

Simple job even I can do it. Get the 14" front discs and just cut the dust cover.

That link to the install was good.

As for the Cusco, can you email your details to Scott ASAP so you can get it for Christmas.

One of the Mods on the 350.com has one on her HR and it looks great.

At the end of the day it's all about personal choice, and as we spoke b4 just because you personaly might not agree with what someone puts on their car. why on earth do the same people have to pick holes in everything? It seems like the most important thing in their lives is the next daft thing that comes out of their mouth lol

I have had about 6 digs at what I am doing by different people. usually the same 2-3, so I looked at what they had. Umm Pot Kettle.

I will paint it pink with white spots if I so desire. But proberly sell it at move on to a robin reliant. yellow with black writting on the side.

:clap:

You can talk to Keyser (chris) about that one, he spoke to the seller of them. There jap yokes and dont know much about them 8 pot cant be all that bad ;):blush:

It was some weird answers back from that seller though. Maybe you can ask him some Q's and see how you get on.

The gtr brakes are huuuugggee.... and look sweet.

The problem is the price of the pads though but with any bbk these will be expensive. On the rear you can still keep the standard brembo calipers. Be very careful not to upset the bias. Too much braking power at the rear could be a bit scary.

Try and get a set of cooling ducts fitted as it will prolong the life of the pads and discs and get rid of the heat. I havent got any on mines and the rears have went a funny colour due to heat. Cooling ducts are the next thing on my list.

You can talk to Keyser (chris) about that one, he spoke to the seller of them. There jap yokes and dont know much about them 8 pot cant be all that bad ;):blush:

It was some weird answers back from that seller though. Maybe you can ask him some Q's and see how you get on.

I just asked him about replacement pads - you really don't want to know what the reply was but I still have no clue so will probably not be buying them :lol:

I just asked him about replacement pads - you really don't want to know what the reply was but I still have no clue so will probably not be buying them :lol:

I always got told to avoid the d2 stuff... even though they sponsor race cars etc i always got told there stuff was a bit shitty

I think D2 started off as a generic brake thats been rebranded, loads of them about. Personally I'd go for the KSport from Mitz@CS. They will be about the same but at least he's a known trader and Bennett has given his a ragging and they are still going strong. You also know you can get replacement pads and discs for them as they are the same fitment as the AP brakes.

Akebono equally are a good call as they are just 370z brakes, so there will be a lot of options for pads and discs turning up soon. You also know with these as they are spec'd for the 370z that the bias is right and wont upset the car as the weight of the 350z is almost identical to the 370z. If you do want the Akebono, maybe try Lee and see if he's broken a 370z recently as he will do them cheaper. You'd then just need to get the brackets and some aftermarket discs. Probably cheaper than shipping a kit from the US. Depends how good a deal someone like Tarmac can do you I guess.

I have already said I would go with Tarmac as he has done the donkey work for me. And been a star

So it's only fair I stick with him.

Unfortunately a family issue has meant everything except the Abbey build is on hold until it's sorted.

Which will not now be until easter.

Which is not a problem as if l tested the car even in play mode in theis weather might end up in a ditch.

Just reminding myself about a mate of mine a few years ago bought himself a brand new Aston Mid winter.

he was playing round the South Surrey lanes in what i would class as put your car in the carage and turn the heating up day.

Well he saw a knob and pushed it and a yellow light came on. He thought nothing more of it and was lucky to crawl out of the upside down car without a scratch. The Knob was the TCU!

Thanks for all your help guys and in a minuet I will come back with the 2 standard brake pad kits they supply with the Akebono kits.

Although there are loads of choices including there own(Thant no one appears to want for some reason)

Peter

:byebye: