GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER

4RE Leather

Thank Lexx and Ian. is that classed as a mod lol.

I notice the Ariel is missing off this car as well.

is there some stigma attached to having one?

I just emailed then as they do a dry carbon which weighs 2.5Kg

and a wet one which is protected weighing 3.5kg

I have not got a clue as to which is best.

Peter

Ah at last, someone singing from my song sheet:)

Have you got an oem spoiler on the back of yours!

I have asked Taras at RT to look into finding one that is not a show piece but actually gives some down force.

My slippery affaires might be that thetyres are new:)

You live down south!

thenoname

I have a Spoiler Depot 'piggyback' spoiler that retains the stock spoiler and sits over it. I like it because its not too intrusive.

As to usable down-force I don't know. I'm sure it give some at high speed.

P1000741.jpg

However, the traction issues your getting, or are going to get with the S/C fitted will be at low speed and I doubt any spoiler will make any difference to that. Unless it weighs as much as a bag of cement! :lol:

Tyres, tyre pressures, wheel alignment, differential and suspension will the things to look at if it becomes a problem.

let me get the Cusco back and i will happily sell the bloody swine. cash on collection lol.

I just put down in chat what i paid for it and you vanished.

It will fit the HR with mm to spare and i have a picture from the Admin of 350z.com who has one on hers to prove it.

Unfortunately because the alloy intake pipe of the s/c is a tad higher on left side it will not fit.

So i will put a stock back on and get a stillen that goes nearer the front toward the radiator at a later date.

Ah at last, someone singing from my song sheet:)

Have you got an oem spoiler on the back of yours!

I have asked Taras at RT to look into finding one that is not a show piece but actually gives some down force.

My slippery affaires might be that the tyres are new:)

You live down south!

thenoname

I have a Spoiler Depot 'piggyback' spoiler that retains the stock spoiler and sits over it. I like it because its not too intrusive.

As to usable down-force I don't know. I'm sure it give some at high speed.

P1000741.jpg

However, the traction issues your getting, or are going to get with the S/C fitted will be at low speed and I doubt any spoiler will make any difference to that. Unless it weighs as much as a bag of cement! :lol:

Tyres, tyre pressures, wheel alignment, differential and suspension will the things to look at if it becomes a problem.

Out of curiosity, did you go for stage one or stage two s/c ?

I assume it's a stage 1 9psi as the stage 2 are 550 are they not? Or have i got that wrong?

I do remember Mark saying he got 10psi at 7500 revs!

Email Abbey they will know. But it is the same one as the link to the original picture shows

Peter

I had no idea Mark was in US. They are fitting the S/C.

like I said, at the end of the day it is no one's fault but my own for selling the stock b4 checking that the Cusco fitted.

I am so dum at times. Well most of the time of late.

It takes a lot to get me excited and when i went over and saw my car last week, then saw some customers cars on GTM

website I got tunnel vision.

I just could not take in that the VQ strut bar was not as high as the HR until l saw 2 cars side by side.

Were the problems lay are when parts suppliers state "Fits all models"

A typical example of this was a carbon slam plate I got. I was assured it would fit and it did'nt. The cut out for the bonnet catch resting place was much to small, so i had to shape it.

The supplier had a little rant at me until i sent him the pictures. he soon appologised.

Another lesson learnt and chalked up.

Thenoname:)

Putting this one to bed now. I did not listen when I was informed that the installed means that the engine had to be raised by approx 20mm to accommodate the S/C No wonder it did not fit. I got one from a Jap parts salvage yard and it fits. It will do until I can eventually find the item I want.

You like l would never ever understand unless you went to Abbey and they explained. I am exhausted and exasperated with this thread now. The S/C is made for a left hand drive and the cusco has no ajustment. Spacers or no spacers it just did not work.

Stock one is now on and fits fine. So thats it. I am hoping a moderator will close this thread now whist I still have my sanity! lol

Peter

Thread now closed:)

er.........I'm pretty sure that it's us on the team that decide that... :lol:

I see no reason to lock this thread. Its good information for other members and they may wish to view and add questions to it in the future.

I think what thenoname means it that the strut brace towers on the Cusco are non adjustable and if you raise it with spacers, the angle will alter, even if slightly.

the OEM one, which allows for adjustment is probably more suited to the task.

this is prolly the main reason why i have stayed away from a plenum spacer because i have the GT Spec CF strut brace, again with no means of adjusting.

Don't know whether the non CF GT Spec one would work or the one from Summit.

Mind you, the non CF one from GT Spec allows you to seperate the bar from the mounting towers, so maybe thats a yes

Appologies. On the other forums the originating author can request that the thread be closed.

The whole episode over the last week has affected my health.

But feel free to carry on so long as I don't get berrated:)

have you done a 'welcome along intro thread'? Might be an idea so people understand what you're on about :lol:

(referring to the PM you sent me)

You can of course request a thread to be locked. But as I say, I see no reason for it.

You were not berated from what I can tell (though I do apologise for any comments I made regarding posting pics).

Sorry to hear it has affected your health.

My reason for not closing the thread at this time, is that you are the first member to S/C a HR engined car, and the first to have a GTM S/C kit fitted.

People are going to have lots of questions. And so far, you are the only one who could answer them. :teeth:

this is prolly the main reason why i have stayed away from a plenum spacer because i have the GT Spec CF strut brace, again with no means of adjusting.

I've also got the GT Spec CF Strut brace and have no problems using a plenum spacer. Didn't even need to use the supplied strut bar spacers/washers.

I think what thenoname means it that the strut brace towers on the Cusco are non adjustable and if you raise it with spacers, the angle will alter, even if slightly.

the OEM one, which allows for adjustment is probably more suited to the task.

Don't know whether the non CF GT Spec one would work or the one from Summit.

Mind you, the non CF one from GT Spec allows you to seperate the bar from the mounting towers, so maybe thats a yes

hmm that's a bit crappy so you cant make it tighter / looser depending on feel? Will it be ok without the bump on the hood on the later Z's?

(don't mind LEXX, he's just jelaous... don't even have a Z :lol:;) )

I've also got the GT Spec CF Strut brace and have no problems using a plenum spacer. Didn't even need to use the supplied strut bar spacers/washers.

Oh!

Well that changes everything then, thanks for the info