Catalytic converter rust hole damage

L4V15

Hi. I've just noticed that both my cat converters have holes in them surrounded by rust. Through some of the holes you can see the wire stuff just about. I have no fault lights on on the dash. Just wondering whether or not these need replacing or are they still ok to use, if so how long are we talking until they should be replaced. Also just out of interest, does anybody know the size of the standard tailpipes, just wondering whether the exhaust is standard. Just got the car you see. 2004 350z.

Thanks

Steve

Hi. I've just noticed that both my cat converters have holes in them surrounded by rust. Through some of the holes you can see the wire stuff just about. I have no fault lights on on the dash. Just wondering whether or not these need replacing or are they still ok to use, if so how long are we talking until they should be replaced. Also just out of interest, does anybody know the size of the standard tailpipes, just wondering whether the exhaust is standard. Just got the car you see. 2004 350z.

Thanks

Steve

My cats were in the same condition, had to replace them as they began to rattle at certain RPMs. Show us a pic of the tailpipes, we should be able to tell :thumbs:

ps - :welcome: to the forum mate!

Ideal, cheers for the responses. I've checked and it is just the heat shields luckily. I had ordered high flow cats aswel after looking under the car in the dark. Now got a refund before they had sent them luckily. And yes the exhaust is standard, im sure of it. There are pictures in my profile I believe. Thanks