SOO wanna replace amber sidelights for HID white!!

RICHIERICH

Anyone changed their headlight x4 amber led's for another colour??

I have dismantled headlights on my fiesta zetec-s many years ago with no trouble with heat gun but the cost of the Z ones makes me feel nervous doing it! even have LED's ready!

Also that ugly indicator reflector would be removed and a nice big smd amber bulb fitted instead!

Thoughts and ideas please!

Regards Rich

Do I have to show you a picture??? Headlight x4 orange leds SIMPLES!!!

Not bumper reflector

Not Indicator lights

Not side lights

Not older headlight reflector

These x4 LED'S do however come on with side lights...

fine solve you're own f'ing problem :thumbs:

He's talking about the 4 LEDs in the lights on 06> cars.I had mine done by P15ULT.

But on a STANDARD car, they are just reflection of the sidlights which make it look like LED's and they look amber,

He's talking about the 4 LEDs in the lights on 06> cars.I had mine done by P15ULT.

But on a STANDARD car, they are just reflection of the sidlights which make it look like LED's and they look amber,

Wrong they are amber LEDs.

I was pretty certain they werent.

Obviously I could be wrong. :shrug:

Wrong they are amber LEDs.

What you doing round here buddy?

You will have to split them open and change the LED's

they are notoriously difficult to get a perfect reseal on. I would recommend the oven over a heat gun personally as it gives a deeper and better spread heat into the glue.

Do I have to show you a picture?

why not take a headlight out and take a look for yourself, if no one has done it before, be a pioneer in the area. you might find that the LED's could be accessed from outside the light without needing to split the light.

after all its just a plastic housing, so you might be able to dremmel the plastic off, replace them, and then reseal with a new fixing panel.

ow well :teeth: no ones done them themselves so not bothered now. Soz for replies but frustrating replies made me!

They are the only lights as a set of four in one area on the car!!

They're only on the newer cars though, so most zeds dont have them, therefore people didnt know what you were talking about.