Saved £232 on the car insurance.... oh yeah!

AMT

Well got my renewal in, tried Sky, very helpful but in the end couldn't do what I was after... So called up Admiral who I'm already with, some chat, some discount, and saved £232 from last years price I paid! RESULT! :thumbs: (incidentley Admiral renewal quote was a good bit less already than last years lol)... Still to look forward to May though. As to how much the 'additional' cost for the Z will be, who knows lol Hopefully not too bad :bounce:

My renewal from admiral came in 50 quid over so phoned them up and had a chat :rant: i'm 55 full no claims never had a point own four other cars and had a multi car with them last year, they didnt give a hoot and wouldnt budge by the way it was 547 quid :scare: , phoned swinton up who i have another car with and they came in exactly the same as i was getting from admiral cover wise at 225 quid. Sod Admiral in the future :#1:

My renewal from admiral came in 50 quid over so phoned them up and had a chat :rant: i'm 55 full no claims never had a point own four other cars and had a multi car with them last year, they didnt give a hoot and wouldnt budge by the way it was 547 quid :scare: , phoned swinton up who i have another car with and they came in exactly the same as i was getting from admiral cover wise at 225 quid. Sod Admiral in the future :#1:

And the 547 was a multi car with a mini cooper on it, they wanted the extra to insure the Zed on its own,

Well my insurance is due for renewal this month, so just went onto confused.com and Admiral have increased their quotation by 70quid over the last 3 weeks alone!

Last month they were quoting me 730quid, now its coming in at 800quid. Thats fully comp, im nearly 40 and got 19 years NCB.

Privilage are coming in slightly cheaper, 798quid, but their compulsary excess is something like 600quid!!!

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!

EDIT: Liverpool Victoria coming in at £817quid, plus they require I have a tracker fitted else they wont cover me. WTF?

There not too bad Admiral. For the record it was about £1041 last year and I've got it down to £809. I'd be fine with £700 for something with 280bhp lol but as I said this is short lived..the Z will no doubt push me back over into 4 figures. I'm HOPING its only gonna be about £400 ish..but christ knows. I'll pay it no matter what though probs lol.When I looked before the Z was about 1400-1500 for a year if new customer, but when I started checking moneysupermarket near renewal, Elephant (who were cheapest and linked as part of Admiral) dissapeared....hmmmm lol fishy. :dry:

Just had my renewal through from Admiral 540 for the zed and 200 for the Yaris, 70 more than last year but some of that is due to the exhaust being added. I'm 45, 11 years ncb, insured for 14k business miles.

Might shop about and try the forum insurers if I can be bothered, the quotes not terrible though.

Im getting well peed off with this, is postcode NN10 really that bad? I live in a exceptionally quiet cul-de-sac where the average age is about 70 and the only excitement which happens is when someone dies of old age.

Looks like id be better off moving to Brixton or somewhere?!!

Im getting well peed off with this, is postcode NN10 really that bad? I live in a exceptionally quiet cul-de-sac where the average age is about 70 and the only excitement which happens is when someone dies of old age.

I live in Swanage Dorset mate, got 17cctv surrounding where i live, last reported car crime was last january where an old bloke backed into his next doors car, and they class it as high risk..bloody nora

:rant:

I'm hoping to move to devon or cornwall next year...buy my house and you'll have an NN15 postcode... £240k and it's yours.. :thumbs:

Don't put the car in the garage though or it's £50 more...mental.

I'm hoping to move to devon or cornwall next year...buy my house and you'll have an NN15 postcode... £240k and it's yours.. :thumbs:

Don't put the car in the garage though or it's £50 more...mental.

Yeah your only just down the road from me. Isnt Kettering nearer to Corby tho? So Id have thought a higher risk?! :lol:

I put that the cars parked on the road, rather than locked up on my secure driveway to try and reduce the premium. Not sure what else I can do. 800quid seems rediculous when they will insure me on a new GTR for 720quid and I was only paying £220 for my Golf GT TDI.

:EDIT: Just gone on confused.com again and resubmitted my quote - exactly the same details as yesterday - i just clicked next, next, next, next, view quote. And Admiral are now coming back at £789. So it seems they vary their prices on a daily basis and its pot luck as to which day you get the estimate as to what you pay.

Okay, so ive just spent the last 30mins playing with confused.com

Price started out at £839 fully comp.

Put in that there are other cars in the household drops the premium to £831.

Change it to common-law rather than single, as im living with my missus drops it to the £789 im getting.

Add my 70 year old mother to the policy drops the premium to £691.

Add my 75 year old dad to the policy drops it to £660.

Do they really think having a couple of old pensioners driving a 300bhp zed is a safer risk than someone like myself who has driven high performance cars & motorbikes all their life? My mum normally drives a 1.1 Polo for christ sake.

I've found the comparison sites are more expensive than if you go on the insurers sites.

Put my details in to moneysupermarket and the zed comes up at £765 fromAdmiral. I'm paying that on the multicar for the two cars!

I know it's on multicar for the £540, but go on Admirals site and see if it gets even cheaper.

Well having done my research I was eagerly awaiting my renewal from Adrian Flux to come thru.

It hit the door mat this morning and was for £950!!! Thats nearly double what I can get elsewhere!!!!!

So give them a bell and they could only reduce it to £800. So, looks like i will be moving elsewhere.

:EDIT: Ive just spent about 50mins on the phone to Admiral with them trying to sell me their multi car policy. My god how complicated can they make things.

Them: "Have you considered our multicar policy as you can save money"

Me: "Yes. I got some quotes online and it worked out you wanted £500 to insure a 2nd car even though the overall risk to you would be a fraction of what it is now"

Them: "Would you like me to go through a quote now to see how much money we can save you"

Me: "No"

Them: "Are you sure, you can save money and it makes sense.. blah blah blah blah sales spiel"

Me: "Okay then"

[20mins of confirming the details for an old shed of an old diesel car my missus drives which is worth about £1500]

Them: "Well, if you insure both cars with us, we can save you £35 on your 350z, isnt that brilliant"

Me: "and how much will the other car cost me to insure when the current insurance runs out in Jan?"

Them: "At the moment its showing as £500 as you can only use your ncb on one car at once. But you will need to requote in Jan"

Me: "So in Jan when you requote me for it, your price may have changed and you may no longer be competitive on that car"

Them: "Thats right"

Me: "So if you quote me something silly in Jan and I decide not to insure it with yourself how much extra fee will you charge me on the 350?"

Them: "We would increase the insurance on your 350z to £750.

Me: "But you are quoting me £100 less than that atm to insure the 350z on its own outside the multi car policy so surely im better off insuring the cars separately"

[and so the conversation went on wasting about 30mins of my day with them trying to get me to go on the more expensive multi car policy]

Its a shame really, as I was really hoping they would allow me to use my ncb on both vehicles like some people have said they do. Quoting online for old shed with my ncb and I can insure it for about £200 which if they had offered me I would have accepted.

Was it a British call centre?

They honoured my no claims onto the two car but I have been with them for 5 years before buying the second car.

Its a shame. Must be down to you area. Try an ML1 postcode. That's what I am and my insurance is pretty cheap with my current circumstances and crashes etc.