Side skirt issues

ceaser

Hi All

My Z is currently at RT Performance to get a few bits and pieces done to it; one of which is to fit some Nismo side skirts.

I had to source some replica ones and steering away from the Russian Roulette fit quality of ebay i got some from a fairly well known bodykit dealer

Taras and the lads are having some issues fitting them (as in they can't) and have sent me a few pictures. I would be very interested to hear what people think, as the feedback i have had so far from the dealer (who has seen the same pictures) isnt filling me with hope

cheers

Ceaser

DSC08420.jpg

DSC08421.jpg

DSC08423.jpg

DSC08419.jpg

DSC08418.jpg

DSC08416.jpg

DSC08414.jpg

And this is the response i got back from the suppliers after i sent them the pictures...

Hi

Thanks for the photos. The side skirts dont look that bad at all, i was expecting them to have warpped or something. But i think i see the problem

All aftermarket side skirts do not come with poppers like the factory ones. So the bodyshop will have to drill small holes to fix these tight against the sills. They should know this anyway.

I have attached 1 photo to show where these can go.

We have sold near 100 sets of these side skirts and similar for 350z and no one has ever given up on fitting them, although they can be a little fiddly. I do know however that most bodyshops will avoid fitting aftermarket parts due to more hassle and labour.

Please let me know how you get on.

350z_skirt.jpg

I know Rik had some problems on the forum but to say all his kits were bad is a bit unfair. I have his nismo side skirt and rear spoiler and they fitted without drillind or modding, just bonded and using the oem bolts on the bottom.

You have to appreciate that making replicas is not easy at all and even Taras did complain of the shocking finish to original Chargespeed kits ;)

That said this kit is shocking!! Hope ou get a refund and source better quality replicas :thumbs:

I know Rik had some problems on the forum but to say all his kits were bad is a bit unfair. I have his nismo side skirt and rear spoiler and they fitted without drillind or modding, just bonded and using the oem bolts on the bottom.

You have to appreciate that making replicas is not easy at all and even Taras did complain of the shocking finish to original Chargespeed kits ;)

That said this kit is shocking!! Hope ou get a refund and source better quality replicas :thumbs:

Lucky you :thumbs:

I think its fair to say that his kits were more miss than hit, not to mention the "free" kit give away, shocking customer service and abusive PMs to anyone who dared question the fit of his kit

Has Taras suggested anything that he might be able to do to make them fit?

If nothing reasonable can be done to make them fit, request a refund because your not happy with the product. Npoint trying to modify them and messing them up and being unable to get a refund.

Lucky you :thumbs:

I think its fair to say that his kits were more miss than hit, not to mention the "free" kit give away, shocking customer service and abusive PMs to anyone who dared question the fit of his kit

still waiting on my free kit! :lol:

shocking, demand full money back.

I reckon even though they are sold by Knight Racer, thats not to say they have been supplied by Ric, looks like his quality.

Bennet we all saw the pictures of his kit and the 100's of screws required to fit it

Hi Guys

thanks for all the opinions and feedback. RT-P have been pretty good over this, keeping me informed throughout. Ive spoken to Taras at length over the skirts and he has said they are pretty much the worst he has ever seen - and he's seen some shockers! Oh, and i forgot to mention they are also 2cm too short. I will be getting in touch with knight racer re full refund for supplying goods that are not fit for purpose. Not to mention the extra ball ache of having the car in the bodyshop longer then planned while this is sorted out.

Since it seems almost impossible (at the moment) to get good quality nismo skirts ive gone down another avenue,

i was gonna say they looked shorter than the original good luck with KR from reading from that skyline forum they seem to be a bit harsh when dealing with refunds/exchanges and assure you they have had no complaints and it must not have been fit right. but persist as to me it looked like it would never fit in the first place!!

If you manage to return them ok ive got a set of replica nismo skirts brand new and unfitted...of course i will be measuring them now :lol: but worth a go if you cant find any....

I'm sure if Taras 'could do it' he would have done, one of those photos clearly shows its way too short - I am sure there are plenty of consumer rights out there around dissatisfaction with the product that entitles you to a refund. Just play it cool, don't get angry, know your rights and just sort that refund out - its a pain as the excitement of a new kit is fantastic and being without the car is a pain but in the long run will be best to get a good one on there :thumbs:

I had an email back from KR after i told them i was rejecting the skirts for not being fit for purpose.

They were very apologetic and courteous, not only agreeing to a full refund but also said they would arrange collection of the old side skirts from the bodyshop.

Cant say fairer then that.

Taras is going to package them up for me and im moving forward with another skirt solution - one which will hopefully fit.

The car will be another week at RT-P now but hopefully all finished for next sat. I will post a few piccies up when its all finished :D

I had an email back from KR after i told them i was rejecting the skirts for not being fit for purpose.

They were very apologetic and courteous, not only agreeing to a full refund but also said they would arrange collection of the old side skirts from the bodyshop.

Cant say fairer then that.

Taras is going to package them up for me and im moving forward with another skirt solution - one which will hopefully fit.

The car will be another week at RT-P now but hopefully all finished for next sat. I will post a few piccies up when its all finished :D

Make sure you have confirmation of collection etc incase they come up with a story.

Hopefully it gets sorted easily and the cash is back in your wallet before too long.