Alarm going off randomly - disable?

Daze

Hey guys,

My alarm has suddenly started going off on its own over the course of this evening. Started at about 6pm, thought it was strange so just re-locked it with the fob and thought nothing more.

Went for a drive, about 40-mile round trip, all good. Got back home, then a couple hours after being home, alarm goes off again. I re-lock it again with the fob and it stops.

20 mins later, off again :( Neighbours must be getting annoyed.

I've done some searching for disabling the alarm, everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Its now 2am and its still randomly going off every 15-20 mins!!

I've tried..

- Lock with the key in the door - alarm went off shortly after.

- Disconnected bonnet sensor - alarm went off shortly after.

- DOUBLE checked for moths/spiders, can't find anything.

I've looked through the owners manual, can't find anything about the alarm at all in there?

Done about 45 mins of Google searching trying to find a way of just disabling the alarm all together? I would like to know how - even as a temporary fix!?

Arghh, driving me nuts now.

Car is UK 54 plate 350z GT.

Thanks for the replies everyone. After I posted it I tried another thing - I had the car unlocked, then opened each door and locked it from the inside (using the little lever next to the handle) and closed the door. That seemed to have worked and didn't go off again all night.

This morning I have found & disconnected the alarm unit in the boot. Never knew it was located there, thanks for that B)

For now as well, I've also disconnected the sensors in the roof. Re-locked the car with the fob and so far all is good.

Obviously this isn't an ideal solution because the alarm is basically useless now, but at least it won't be keeping me up all night until I can source & fix properly!!

Thanks again for everyone's help :)

• 1 year later...

When I had the same problem, and I think many others too, it was the bonnet sensor as it retracts ever so slightly off the bonnet when the engine bay cools - so it's always an hour or two after a run. There is a small amount of adjustability in the bonnet sensor mounting or you can just unplug it as a troubleshooting measure.

Cheers,

Jon

related, anyone know if can adjust the sensitivity level at all, mine goes off at 3.20 most afternoons when the school bus rumbles by?

are your windows fully shut? Try closing the air vents too, might help, no sensitivity adjustment that I know of