Balerion - The Black Dread - The Resurrection

rodgeevans

• 2 weeks later...

Few little bits going on but mainly just trying to source and store parts for the next stage of resto/modification. Managed to get a set of heated electric seats for 99p off ebay locally so will be retriming them with my leather before fitting, also got a set of hr headlights so spent some of today removing the 8 pin Connector and changing to a 6 pin connector and fitting.

Picked up a set of the sequential led rear indicators but not sure whether to fit now or wait till I find a chargespeed rear bumper

20220821_204857.jpg

So fitted the sequential rear led indicators little more complicated than the guides showed being an import. Had to deconstruct the connector to remove the fog and then rerun a secondary reverse wire. Then hooked up so the optional outside running light acts as additional brake lights and then the brighter option brake lights are now a dual fog light. Pictures to follow.

• 1 month later...

So recently set about at modernising certain aspects of the car but still trying to keep it looking age appropriate at first glance, so have stripped out the boot build to dynamat and redesign certain aspects. I have removed the old pioneer fold out screen for another head unit from early 2000s I had from one of my other cars, then I got one of the slim line android headunits and fitted into the sat nav cupboard I had laying around waiting for this mod years ago.  20221025_175849.jpg.6c12a08a4a39a026d632010ce4e357a4.jpg

Lots more to do on the interior and underside of the car house is full of bits to fit

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Since coming back to the forum I notice its a lot quieter for new posts these days. Therefore love it or hate it I am going to try and post a bit more to give the regular visitors more to read, hopefully.

However i havent got much to update currently, So whilst not a lot visible has happened to her recently, I have been refreshing the boot build since the last post and the rear half of the car has been sound proofed, rewired and amps moved from a rack behind the drivers seat Cubby to under a false floor in the boot with windows for viewing. Still some tidying, cable routing, lighting and finishing touches to go but nearing completion and fingers crossed can be finished over a few afternoons and evenings next week.

So what's next well as I have mentioned previously I have been stock pilling parts for a big refresh, so over the next few months I hope to share the journey with you.

The current plan, well as you can see I have had my Z a long time and I love it, not sure I will ever sell her, but things are different this time, the end goal FI, but I'm not rushing there. So whilst I have already updated the brakes this year from JDM to Brembo, my focus is now on handling, and improving that (+A Few visual, minor other changes and repairs ) building the base to add more power to later.

So what's waiting to be fitted

Handling

MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers

White line front and rear ARB and drop links

Ultra racing W brace

Ultra racing front lower Brace

Ultra Racing mid lower brace

Bodywork

Tarmac sportz rear side louvres

Firefly std rear 1/4 replacements

Exhaust

Miltek Y Back (Miltek Y already fitted)

Other

Tarmac Sportz undertray

Nismo oil cap

Nismo rad cap

Nismo fuel filler cap

Engine bolt/washer kit

Cf battery/brake covers

Nismo Gear shift

Nismo floor mats

Auto-fold module

Seat heaters and OEM switches

I think that is all for now.

Really excited to see how the Meisters and ARBs transform the car.

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 4

On 10/01/2023 at 17:43, Mike1989 said:

Very nice mate. Great to see someone posting regular updates on their build. Hopefully my next project will be starting on the sound system.

Good luck, is that on a z? Some of my original build posts show rewiring the doors etc.

To add to the list of parts for fitting I have ordered some nismo dials/clocks (I am a sucker for those 5 letters) and bought some opentop boot springs as opening the boot is currently a PITA

Edited by rodgeevans

So the opentop boot springs arrived today got to say look very well made and fast service, they were only ordered late Wednesday, 30 seconds later and they were fitted and I can open my boot one handed again.

Also fitted a few bits under the bonnet but it really needs a detail under there to appreciate it.

20230113_113921.jpg

20230113_121828.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rodgeevans said:

Good luck, is that on a z? Some of my original build posts show rewiring the doors etc.

To add to the list of parts for fitting I have ordered some nismo dials/clocks from the Zman (I am a sucker for those 5 letters) and bought some opentop boot springs as opening the boot is currently a PITA

yeah on the z, I’ll drop you a dm if I get stuck 😂

where did you get the boot springs? I could do with changing mine.

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

yeah on the z, I’ll drop you a dm if I get stuck 😂

where did you get the boot springs? I could do with changing mine.

15 minutes ago, STmichael said:

Same here. I could do with uprating the boot springs!

Springs are from here about half the price of the weak OEM ones 

https://www.opentop.fr/350z-1?lang=en

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Enjoying the updates and some juicy parts ready to go. Wheels done like that are a nice touch. 

Thanks, Yeah should really change the driving experience I hope, I do like the diamond cut rim but they never last so tempted to go solid colour when I get them refurbished 

• 2 weeks later...

So tried to do a little job today and fix the nismo dials whilst they look great, they don't seem to work correctly, has anyone experienced this before the dials get stuck and don't give a true reading then jump to another value in one quick movement without giving a true reading.

20230126_190131.jpg

This was sitting at tick over which on my car is just below 1k however no matter the revs it didn't change until I gave it some beans driving and it jumped to around 4k, and the whole time I was either going 0 or 40mph according to the speedo

https://youtu.be/4gjyfFc4Bc8

Edited by rodgeevans

All back together and working correctly, also with added new mats, gear shift and sil plates.

All ready now for my latest mid week purchase to arrive, hr centre console/dash and door cards and a deep clean of those carpets as well

20230127_152932.jpg

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 1

Small teaser picture of the HR interior going in. Going to spray the gear surround silver but it was orange and couldn't have that, but only had yellow to hand.

20230202_190531.jpg.a398f5750eb47dfa35f18cc367b6fdfb.jpg

Going to have to get a fresher steering wheel now

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Very nice love those dials. Will you be fitting the facelift door cards also? 

Also the newer interior came out for the facelift Rev Up model, so before the HR. Same as the headlamps and rear led lamps. 

Ah OK thanks didn't know that, and yes hopefully the door cards are going in today once I finish work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pintopete58 said:

Hi I do have a 350 face-lift steering wheel complete and good condition but switch surrounds are blue but you can paint them to match gear surround 

20220215_113908.jpg

Thanks, but not too different to mine, I did look at the flat bottomed one you had and had it not been for the blue... but I think its a flat bottomed one I'm after, or an aftermarket one

Also now fitted one of the door cards but ran out of time to do other side, JDM window switches retained to keep the auto down function on both windows

20230203_144306.jpg.6c6b4889016a5560c661121bfa28d147.jpg

• Like 1