My Detailing Service

Basically multi stage paint correction is different stages of polishing to remove swirl marks and surface scratches. Each polish is abbrassive but some are more so than others. Working them together in the right way will remove the defects.

Further to this a pure glaze is layered to add oils into the paint and therefor achieve the wet look finish. Sealent for protection and a little extra shine and the carnauba wax mainly for protection but some wax's can enhance the shine even futher.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically multi stage paint correction is different stages of polishing to remove swirl marks and surface scratches. Each polish is abbrassive but some are more so than others. Working them together in the right way will remove the defects.

Further to this a pure glaze is layered to add oils into the paint and therefor achieve the wet look finish. Sealent for protection and a little extra shine and the carnauba wax mainly for protection but some wax's can enhance the shine even futher.

What sort of product is the pure glaze? Any recommendations? It gets more interesting.....!! :D

If your working by hand i always use Klasse All In One. This is great chemical cleanser and also adds a little glaze and sealent. Top that with klasse sealent glaze and then top that with chemical guys 50/50 wax from the link above. Both Klasse products are available from motorgeek.co.uk

Just gald i can help mate:)

Thing is there's so many products that it's difficult to know what combination to go for. At least those in the business can provide pointers and then I can gain my own opinion. So far I've been using Auto Glym stuff (with a Meguiars clay) and have always been very happy with the results. But then I see that I'm missing some of these paint cleaning products so can maybe get the finish even better.

I thought this wasn't bad, got the odd trophy but to your eye's there may be improvements?

440sidelower.jpg

440rearmodnats04plate.jpg

In search of perfection!! ;)

Obviously I don't expect you to give away any trade secrets!! :D

Looks great mate :thumbs: Auotglym is great stuff one of the most underated. The super resin polish is very good. But Honestly i rate the Klasse all in one as a must have product. U can even just add a wax after the all in one if u want and im sure u will be very happy with the results.

Also chemical guys 50/50 wax is an amazing product especially for the money. Up there with some of the very expensive and exclusive waxs

Great, will try some of those products. Am wondering what extra I can get out of this paint work. The Volvo seemed to give quite easily, and that was never clayed or had any of these oils in you refer to.

My Zed is Gunmetal and have to say although all is 'clean and shiny', it doesn't look as impressive as I'd hoped.....

Very nice, i now know what i need to aim for when i clean mine!!

Found a horrible scratch all the way down the side of mine today though, looks like i scraped it down the side of the bush out the front of mine, im so annoyed, but managed to rub most of it out, just need to get the proper tools out when it is dry next

What do u use mate to get the scratch out? General rule is if u cant feel it with the finger nail then it will buff out, which must be in your case as u have got most of it out. Get some pics up mate when your done
some of it i can feel some of it i cant, but managed to cover most of it up, i hate to say it but i used compound rub, scratch x then nxt gen wax to seal it all.

Scratch x is a good product. Glad u got most of it out mate, thats one advantage to having soft paint.:)
tell me about it, going to try one more when it is dry and give the whole car a proper clean, then will see the damage and if its bad, get it redone.

Will get some pics up of mine when the weather is right, so we can compare to the one above. I reckon adding one of these other oily type products could be the difference. :)
I think you may be right there mate, the shots i have are nice, but not a nice gloss finish like that.

Me want Gloss!!!! B)

Will get some pics up of mine when the weather is right, so we can compare to the one above. I reckon adding one of these other oily type products could be the difference. :)
I think you may be right there mate, the shots i have are nice, but not a nice gloss finish like that.

Me want Gloss!!!! B)

Well you have thye undercoat :p

Me want Gloss!!!! B)

:lol:

Me want Gloss!!!! B)

very good mate, i'll give you that one.