Photo Challenge - October 2011 - Night

Husky

The idea is simple. you have until the end of this month to go out and take a picture that fits with the challenge subject. It doesnt have to be the only thing in the picture but it should certainly be an important part of the picture

The subject is... NIGHT

For all those who wish to participate in this challenge please take a moment to read through the following:

1. The deadline for submissions is 31 October 2011

2. Include your forum username when submitting

3. The attached photo must be in the form of a .jpg

4. Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)

5. Submit no more than one photo

6. If you wish you may include a title when submitting your photo (please ensure that the attached photo is renamed as the chosen title)

7. All submitted photos will be posted, along with a poll, in a new thread

8. Once created, the voting poll will last for 7 days before it closes automatically

EMAIL SUBMISSION:

Please enter your email subject as "October 2011 Photo Challenge Submission"

>>>>>>>>>> Copy and Paste this form into your submission email <<<<<<<<<<

350z-uk.com username:

* Photo Title (optional):

Is the attached photo 1mb or less? Y/N

Is the attached photo a jpeg? Y/N

Has this photo been posted before on 350z-uk? Y/N

Was this photo taken this month? Y/N

>>>>>>>>>> End of form <<<<<<<<<<

.......................................................................................................

Please email your photo to photochallenge@akaridesigns.com

FAQ

What is the Photo Challenge?

Photo Challenge is a monthly photo contest, with a new theme for each challenge.

Is this run by any business for business purposes?

No, it is simply a bit of fun, any email addresses are kept strictly confidential, are not shared with any other party and are not used for any other reason other than the challenge.

Who is eligible to enter?

Anyone

How do I submit my image to the Challenge?

Images must be emailed to: photochallenge@akaridesigns.com. All submitted photos must include a form that needs to be completed. Just copy and paste the form into your reply email.

Is there a size restriction on the image file?

No, but low resolution pictures can be of poor quality.

Can I submit any image of mine, as long as it meets the Challenge theme?

Images that have been previously posted on this forum will be disqualified. Images with watermarks, signatures, or any distinguishing marks that identify the photographer will be disqualified. The picture must have been taken in the month of the challenge

If there is any question of copyright violation, the image will be disqualified.

Will I get a confirmation that my image was received?

As long as your submission has followed the Challenge guidelines, ie, you've submitted with the entry form you will NOT hear back from me. If there is any special issue with your submission, however, you will be contacted.

Where can I view the photo contenders for the contest?

They won't be displayed until after the deadline to submit. After the deadline, there will be a new poll with all the submitted pictures attached.

The Challenge theme this month seems vague to me. What image should I choose?

You can send in whatever photo you think best represents the subject. The challenge is deliberately kept brief, so a lot is left to the interpretation of the photographer. Part of the fun is to see all the different ways we respond to a given theme. Use your imagination - and have fun with it!

Im sure this is the case, but it may be worth stating in the rules, that the pictures entered need to have been taken by the entrant - Im guessing thats the case. i.e. no entering a stunning night pic of your car that you didnt take? Am I right?

haha good call! Yes, I'll add it in.

Do these pics have to include a Zed then?

Well technically not, You could put somethign from a keyring to the full car if you wanted it's up to you but remember the audience... The zed community is voting on them so I reckon you stand a better chance of winning if they do have something zed related in them :drive1

Why do we have to email them to you? Surely it would make life a tad bit easier if we could just post the pics up, after all lots of us already have hosting or can easily use Photobucket etc.

because it's supposed to be anonymous. There is no conspiracy theory to be had here, if you don't feel comfortable with it you don't have to enter.

Are skylines allowed to enter? There's no rules that say they can't enter :lol:

Help yourself :thumbs:

Why do we have to email them to you? Surely it would make life a tad bit easier if we could just post the pics up, after all lots of us already have hosting or can easily use Photobucket etc.

because it's supposed to be anonymous. There is no conspiracy theory to be had here, if you don't feel comfortable with it you don't have to enter.

Woah, who mentioned conspiracy? :lol: Must admit I skimmed over the anonymous part so I guess that make sense if you really wanted to keep it that way, but tbh it's all a bit of a faff and most other photo competitions seem to work pretty well without anonymity so I guess I'll be happy taking your last suggestion, thanks John. :)

As an alternative though, would it not be an easier (and quicker) idea if we allow the winner of each month (assuming this is going to be a monthly thing) to choose both the theme and winner of the following month? That way we can all just post up pics and get this thing rolling, plus it'll keep it a bit more fresh rather than just having one person choosing the theme all the time. Just a thought, anyway.

Hope you arent signing everyone up to naughty websites :lol:

We'd been thinking about this before and did think about a club photobucket account. We could have a public login which would allow uploads and stick them in a monthly folder. People can then see the progress and posting the pics on the forum would be dead easy :thumbs:

allow the winner of each month (assuming this is going to be a monthly thing) to choose both the theme and winner of the following month?

the theme yes good idea, the winner not so much, it's got to be a vote to keep it fair.

if they are all submitted together they are also released together all in one go making it fair.

Great idea, really good incentive. Was really keen to try and sort something out for my little roadtster but slight problem. I broke my camera on the hoon (i get a nice purple tint to all photos i take) so i was going to get a mate to take some piccies instead, but im assuming from your response to chris that is not allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
one in my sig is straight out the camera at 1am

1am id be tucked up in bed fast asleep.

Cool picture though!!!

Ive seen some cracking sunsets this last week on the way home from work, so may have to pull over and get some shots. Only problem I have is trying to keep my car clean enough to take pix of it.

As a quick question do the have to be straight out the camera or can we edit/process them in photoshop or similar?

They really shouldn't be photoshopped as it's a photography challenge rather than a drawing one. It is however difficult to tell sometimes if something is photoshopped. For that reason I'll leave it up to people to hopefully leave them un photoshopped, if however there is obvious evidence it's photoshopped i'll fire a request back for the unprocessed original :)