520bhp GTR engine in a Juke? WHY?!?

slimjim

Bit more info from NMGB on this project.

The last line is a massive let down - Sorry....

Full details of mad Juke-R revealed

Posted on 05 October 2011 by Editor

NOW Nissan dealers can confirm to their customers that the Japanese manufacturer will be making a ‘Super Juke’.

Last week we revealed that Nissan was working on a performance Juke but now it has released the full details!

Called the Juke-R it’s Nissan’s first ever super crossover and combines the look of the much-loved Juke with the power of the GT-R supercar.

It’s been developed in conjunction with RML – the motorsport outfit renowned for Nissan’s Le Mans exploits in the the early 1990s and who were responsible for the Nissan Primera lifting the British Touring Car Championship in 1999.

Boasting flared wheel arches, new front and rear bumpers plus a unique rear spoiler, the Juke-R is like no ‘normal’ Juke currently in Nissan showrooms. Underneath lies the GT-R’s potent 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6, six-speed transaxle, and a modified four-wheel-drive driveline. 20-inch RAYS alloys complete the mad look.

Inside the Juke’s motorcycle-inspired fuel tank remains but two racing bucket seats, a roll-cage, and an LED display with auxiliary gauges have been added to give a track-like driving experience.

‘Nissan Juke is one of the most exciting cars on the market today. Its bold crossover design has captured the imagination of car buyers all over Europe; after just a year on sale we are celebrating sales of more than 100,000 units,’ said Paul Willcox, senior vice president, sales and marketing for Nissan in Europe.

‘Juke lends itself perfectly to a sports derivative and Juke-R explores that territory. Equally at home on road and track, Juke-R showcases two of the most exciting cars in our range and highlights the technical innovation that drives Nissan. This car will more than live up to the dynamic driving experience we engineer into all our cars’.

But it’s strictly a one off, says Nissan. Two will be made – one left hand drive and the other in right hand drive.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting vid there Toby. :thumbs:

Be nice to see if Nissan have in mind the Daker and similar events, given other (rival) manufacturer participation :teeth:

It would make sense, but they are quite heavy in to the GT racing at the minute, but who knows how their budgets work :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope that works!
PART five of the dramatic build that is fusing a Juke with a GT-R sees Nissan engineers fitting the gearbox and drivetrain.

With the Juke being 250mm shorter than GT-R, shorter prop shafts had to be installed, while making sure that the car kept the GT-R’s rigidity and superb handling.

VIDEO: Juke-R seat fitting and ergonomics

Posted on 12 November 2011 by Editor

YOU probably wouldn’t have thought fitting the GT-R’s 3.8-litre V6 engine into the Juke-R would have had an impact on the interior – but this video proves otherwise.

The steering wheel and pedals have all had to be altered for the Juke-R, even including the dashboard switches which have been moved closer to the driver so they can be reached easily.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm with both of you, would love one, it's something so different and I bet it's a total animal. I don't mind the Juke either as a standard car it looks cool, I know this is a photoshop but it's not unrealistic:

NissanJukeTune1.jpg

I keep looking at this and loving it.

I want my Missus to want a Juke because I secretly want one..... She doesn't like them though, hopefully she changes her mind because the one pictured is bad ass. :teeth:

I'm with both of you, would love one, it's something so different and I bet it's a total animal. I don't mind the Juke either as a standard car it looks cool, I know this is a photoshop but it's not unrealistic:

NissanJukeTune1.jpg

So much win B)

The GTR aside for a minute

I can tell you with some confidence that, if there was ever a car crying out for some good tasteful mods, it’s one of these things.

The biggest frustration we have as an enthusiastic dealer of Jukes, is the fact that we have little to no extras to sell on these cars to personalise them. There is loads of photo shopped ideas on the net, but no one has have the balls to do them job right on one.

eg:

http://www.nikeride.com/nissan-jukes-hot-hatch-treatment-from-impul/