Skipping Bose

bugglet

Ok, I know the fact that the Bose system is prone to skipping is old news, but I was just wondering if anyone had found a way of improving it with out replacing it?

The reason for asking is that the car is out of warranty so getting Nissan to replace it is not an option. All I can find on the forum is info on replacing the unit which seems to involve a lot of adaptors for the amp, the steering wheel and the phone which all seems a lot of hassle since I'm happy with the system when it decides it'll play a CD!

Thanks guys.

Ok, I know the fact that the Bose system is prone to skipping is old news, but I was just wondering if anyone had found a way of improving it with out replacing it?

The reason for asking is that the car is out of warranty so getting Nissan to replace it is not an option. All I can find on the forum is info on replacing the unit which seems to involve a lot of adaptors for the amp, the steering wheel and the phone which all seems a lot of hassle since I'm happy with the system when it decides it'll play a CD!

Thanks guys.

just use the radio..... :teeth:

I ran about with just the radio for a while but I would just replace it. Put it in to a quality audio dealer and it shouldn't cost more than about £30 (unless things have changed?) to fit a good quality headunit. It might even be free!

I'm due to get mine replaced soon but here's the weird thing - the skipping has practically stopped! Admittedly it hasn't been _really_ cold recently, but even when the ICY sign is on I have no skipping or the skipping only starts once the car has warmed up a bit (then doesn't last long).

Strange.

I'm sure ultimately I'll end up replacing it once it has annoyed me enough!! At the moment I've found that if you move it on to the 3rd or 4th track it will settle down a bit.

Oddly the other morning I was sat with the power on swapping CDs before heading off and it was playing them fine. It was only when I actually started the engine that it started to skip. :wacko:

it's the laser thats going. Had it happen in the TT which was bose also. Luckily in the TT the CD was a separate unit and Audi would do a recon exchange for £90. Don't know if Nissan will do the same seeing as some cars are now out of warranty.

I find that that mine skips for the first 10-15 minutes of using then it's fine and only when the weather is cold. Someone suggested that it could be the CDs having condensation on them.

Yep, the laser isn't good enough to get through it.

Stevie, if you want to replicate it, keep a CD in the fridge over night and then put it in the car!!!!