Cro's red 350z

Cro

You do realise that the rear suspension on a Zed doesn't use coilovers, it uses a separate spring and damper? From the look of that set of XYZ's they look like true coilovers on all four corners. If you're converting the rears to true coilovers I think you'll need to do some additional strengthening.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why it would need strengthened in any way, plus when doing the research there's plenty of z's with this kit in the states and then Chris_uuc here also runs them with no problems.

The most expensive kits run full coilovers setup

I don't see why it would need strengthened in any way, plus when doing the research there's plenty of z's with this kit in the states and then Chris_uuc here also runs them with no problems.

The most expensive kits run full coilovers setup

Have a look here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43743

Abbey Motorsport posted in this thread about converting the rear to true coilovers and they reckon you need to strengthen the rear top mounts to take the increased load. Might be worth a chat with them to see what's needed :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Fitted the coilovers last weekend so everything has pretty much settled and took some pics today after a hose down.

1e529b6c-1.jpg

24a9ea2b-1.jpg

Adapters arrived the other day and tried the new wheels on, i'll need to change the tyres for something with a lower width and profile that what is on them. Hoping Morgan tyres will do some sort of p/x for me with the ones that are on them

i like the concaveness of them,

as for the design i don't know, for me i think i'd class them as a grower, at the moment i don't mind them, but if i see them enough times i think i'll really like them.

possibly best seen in real life to truly appreciate them.

• 4 months later...

Havn't update this in a good while but a few things have gone on

Bought the Nismo system off Chris when he was putting his back to standard, it is by far the best exhaust sound I have ever heard so I had to have that off him. Nice polished backbox on it too so looks well from behind ooooh err

44ad64f5.jpg

7bb8dee1.jpg

Took the rear wiper off just to clean up the lines a little bit, barely used the wiper anyway so notice zero difference without it

6ffdc4c0.jpg

Wheels are in after rolling the arches and trying to find the right size of tyre to fit under there.

01a9d0a4.jpg

Perfect fit now and thanks to Simon for sorting out the rear tyres for me, top bloke

I'll get a good pic of the wheels over the next couple of days or at showerks. They look awesome now the tyres are sorted and I lowered the rear a little bit, hope they go down well. Just coming up with ideas for wheel centre caps at the minute, could go boring and put a nissan or z badge in but i'll see if I come up with something a little more fun

ef35b7c1-1-1.jpg

What guy doesn't love a curvy ass!

Got a few pics of the car at a local show

One before:

Untitled1-6-1.jpg

And after the new wheels:

6915904424_e09cbf244c.jpg

7062252279_4846f51e04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys, slowly getting there. Probably a 2 digit N.Ireland plate to finish off the exterior and then the usual light engine mods, sports cats to go with the nismo etc

401756_3505285746435_1100494632_3394094_896582817_n.jpg

Love the concave!

Cheers guys, here are a few pics of what was my clio. Built it from scratch and all the work was done by me :( miss it but economy says otherwise

Was always badged as a 1.2 B) it was properly properly quick and unbelievable fun

_MG_7353.jpg

_MG_7340.jpg

_MG_7339.jpg

_MG_7328.jpg

_MG_7309.jpg