Grand Prix Story (iOS & Android)

Ekona

Under no circumstances should anyone who is a fan of motor racing go and buy this game from the App Store. If you do, I can guarantee that you'll end up having to charge your phone three times in one day because you can't put the bloody thing down! :lol:

Honestly, this is utterly addictive stuff and for the meagre sum of £2 it can be yours as well. If you have an iDevice and like racing then this is a must buy, I've genuinely spent most of the day on mine. It's like a cutesy RPG but with pretty serious motor racing undertones with quality management designs. You need to balance spending money on cars, on upgrades, on staff, on upgrading your staff, on upgrading parts or cars etc as well as deciding which and how many races you want to enter but needing to keep your car repaired between races. Oh, and there's also the need to attract sponsors and sort out driver contracts too! That's makes it sound more difficult than it actually is, when what it really is is a whole lot of fun. Go buy. :)

I just bought their other game, Game Dev Story. Remember hearing about it ages ago so thought I'd grab it. Good so far but after playing the demo for an hour it says "buy the full version now", which you do, but then you have to start again :rant:

Will definitely be getting this in a few days, had £50 of Apple vouchers given to me when I left my job a few weeks ago, time put them to good use!

I'm confused by why I keep not being able to research any new cars. Stuck with the supercar which just doesn't quite seem to cut it in Formula no. 1.

I reckon we should have a Top Laps list on the original Bloomtown circuit so that everybody can participate.

If you get a better time, the list can be updated as and when.

I'll kick off with:

1. Sasha - 26.52

:band:

For those of us with proper phones with unresponsive screens and a convoluted app store, the game is also available on Android :)

Fixed, and I've edited the title too.

Have just unlocked the Kairo race, so once I've finished the GP I'm currently in I'm going to give it a shot but it's supposed to be rock hard.

Protip: When making the top cars, parts or upgrading any of the above, only do it when you have an Aura to use. :)

I didn't know that when I first started playing so I could never make a car that would win the Kairo race, so I had to start again :(