Tyre guide: post your tyre review here

Stew

They've done a good few hundred miles on them to and from Braintree to the airport so I should think they're scrubbed by now, but I'll give them a go in a few weeks and try again if you reckon the difference is that big.

if they have already done a few hundred, then they should be scrubbed in.

whats your brother think of them? as they are on his car, :lol: you said if he wasn't happy it was me your coming after for recommending them to you :lol:

He loves them so I shan't be chasing you down any time soon, fear not! ;):lol: Seriously though, he thinks they're brilliant which is the main thing, but then he doesn't drive his car hard at all (literally just back and forth down the A120 to and from work) so I guess he'd appreciate the low noise and cash in his pocket more than anything.

He loves them so I shan't be chasing you down any time soon, fear not! ;):lol: Seriously though, he thinks they're brilliant which is the main thing, but then he doesn't drive his car hard at all (literally just back and forth down the A120 to and from work) so I guess he'd appreciate the low noise and cash in his pocket more than anything.

lol fair doo's :lol:

Im having some MPS 2's fitted at the weekend (hopefully) so will get a review posted up going for monster 295 30 19's on the rear :) and havin read loads off reviews they seem to get great reviews all round! So looking forward to getting them on now

I am finding the 275/35 much more slippery than the standard 245/45 m8... now i v got loads of front end grip as on 245/35 but the back end is v twitchy.... :dry:

Im having some MPS 2's fitted at the weekend (hopefully) so will get a review posted up going for monster 295 30 19's on the rear :) and havin read loads off reviews they seem to get great reviews all round! So looking forward to getting them on now

I am finding the 275/35 much more slippery than the standard 245/45 m8... now i v got loads of front end grip as on 245/35 but the back end is v twitchy.... :dry:

whats the camber sitting like? could be its running on an edge instead of flat?

same cambers on rays and the grip was amazing m8. its 2.50 ish f and 2.20 ish rear. Its worse on wet and dry...then again loads of grit (salt actually) on the road so cant 100% comment yet. ;)

same cambers on rays and the grip was amazing m8. its 2.50 ish f and 2.20 ish rear. Its worse on wet and dry...then again loads of grit (salt actually) on the road so cant 100% comment yet. ;)

You sure its not just your right foot getting heavier ;)

When I changed from 245's to 275's and new tyres suddenly there was a whole more lot of grip but as the rears wore so the grip lessened and it was case of tempering the loud pedal knowing the font tyres were still giving high levels of grip.

I never really take it to the limit so I cant really say about that, Id have thought it was the different tyre walls that affected the give instead off the width off the tyre! Ill let you know if the 295 give any more sudden than the 275's soon mind :)

you wont need too :teeth::ninja:

O yeah forgot bennet told me about yours ;-) arnt you going to year the 050a's out first though? Just hoping I dont have to roll the arches but we'll see

NO ROLLING :scare::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

hmm i wanted MPS2's from the word go tbh, i grudgingly took the 050's as i needed tyres. it is rather annoying i'll have a spare set and 300 quid flushed down the pan :dry:

ANYONE WANT SOME 050's ;)

O yeah forgot bennet told me about yours ;-) arnt you going to year the 050a's out first though? Just hoping I dont have to roll the arches but we'll see

NO ROLLING :scare::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

hmm i wanted MPS2's from the word go tbh, i grudgingly took the 050's as i needed tyres. it is rather annoying i'll have a spare set and 300 quid flushed down the pan :dry:

ANYONE WANT SOME 050's ;)

how comes?

well the mps2's i wanted weren't available and i needed to get off the nankangs, and there were 050's available. now the mps2's are available in 295 so its another tyre change and then i have a spare set of 050's :headhurt:

why would you like them!?

well the mps2's i wanted weren't available and i needed to get off the nankangs, and there were 050's available. now the mps2's are available in 295 so its another tyre change and then i have a spare set of 050's :headhurt:

why would you like them!?

i'd just stick with the 050's, they are a good tyre, and then when you wear them out get the mps2's why waste the tyres?

I v got rims et30 all over. front 245/35/19 with 20mm spacers and a bit of rubbing only cos its too low... rear 275/35/19 but no spacers...maybe up to 10mm spacers would be ok... then i v got 2.50 ish and 2.00 ish cambers front and rears... hope it helps

Have you not got your car lowered then husky? as mines lowered 20mm and with the nismo's on iv not much room with the 275's now so with 295's im sure ill have to just have the top off the arch rolled to take the larger tyre to stop it rubbing as bennet's had to do his! Id stick with the 050a's mate until there gone and swap them then unless you can sell them on here! If you do swap soon though it'l be good to hear your view on both off them

Have you not got your car lowered then husky? as mines lowered 20mm and with the nismo's on iv not much room with the 275's now so with 295's im sure ill have to just have the top off the arch rolled to take the larger tyre to stop it rubbing as bennet's had to do his! Id stick with the 050a's mate until there gone and swap them then unless you can sell them on here! If you do swap soon though it'l be good to hear your view on both off them

not lowered no, so im hoping it'll be fine.

yeah it just depends, ive still got my rays. so keeping them all takes up alot of space considering i have to keep them in my bedroom or lounge :headhurt: its no extra hassle to have them changed as i'll get it done when i get the alloys refurbed. just depends on how easy it'd be to sell the re050's?