Tyre guide: post your tyre review here

Stew

Previously had AVON ZZ3's and they where o.k. in the dry but abit skittish in the wet.

I've had a set of Falken 452's on for a few days now and there soo much grippier. Its given me alot more feedback through the steering wheel and reduced alot of road noise. The handling has changed alittle too with the front end being much sharper, giving a sense of more oversteer. This may change once they've worn in alittle more, but im very please so far, especially at the price. Had them fitted for £450 all in.

UPDATED: Ok had them on for a couple of weeks now and all i can say is that the Zed should have come with these standard. The oversteer i was feeling was just the tyres wearing in, its become more neutral now. The grip has improved 10 fold and i feel much more confident driving the zed now. I'd certainly recommend these to anyone buying tyres for there 350. Top Tyre!! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Just put 19"s on with GY Eagle F1s.

I'm well impressed with them in the wet. I've got a test bend on which the back end would kick out every time with the stones. I'm still trying to find the limit on the F1s without killing myself :)

In the dry with straight line acceleration there's a lot less wheelspin (should hope so to with 275s!). My only concern is when flooring it coming out of a bend. Seemed to be a bit more sideways movement than I'm used to. They're brand new though so I'll get out and do a bit more testing once it stops bloody raining.

Hope these last longer than the Bridgestones did... 8,000 miles and illegal! :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric?

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/repository/Eagle_F1AS/index.jsp

I'm waiting for Bracknell Tyres to come back to me with prices for front and rear (standard 18's). If they're too much then I'll be going for the Toyo T1-R's which I've been quoted £108 each for the fronts (fitted and balanced) and £128 each for the rears, pretty good prices?

I thought so to Andy :teeth:

I just wish there was a bit more experience out there with the F1 Asymmetrics, I guess they're just too new at the moment. The F1 GSD3's I've had before on my old GTV and they were great (but didn't last long).

• 2 months later...

Well after much searching and failing to find F1 Asymmetrics in 225/45 R18 and 245/45 R18, I eventually called Goodyear to find out where I could get them from. It should be possible to get the 245/45 R18's but even although the 225/45 R18's are listed on the Goodyear website they don't make them and have no plans to :angry:

So I've ordered a set of Toyo Proxes T1R's for a total of £470 including VAT and fitting.

Pirelli P-Zero's are good, low tyre noise

dont no bout much else as i cant drive the damn thing! :angry:

but 1 thing i no is that the p-zero's pick up all the little stones in the tread and flick them up hitting the insides of the arches mainly on the rear no so much on the fronts i dont think, this is particularly bad on freshly resurfaced roads but they dont dont seem to pik up nething else whilst driving.

but there damn expensive i red sum wer on the internet £225 a tyre! :scare:

Trev, the tyres have been ordered from Bracknell Tyre and Battery, Unit 1, Longshot Lane Ind Est, Longshot Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RL, 01344 411323. I've used them for years and they've always been the cheapest, even against online tyre places like blackcircle etc.

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update on my thoughts of the Toyo Proxes T1-R.

This is "normal" road driving, not on a track. In the dry I don't think they are a whole lot better than a warmed up set of stock bridgestones but in the wet I'd say there's a noticeable improvement in grip. Noise wise I thought the toyos were quieter.

B)

Surprised no one has mentioned them...

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW (new tread design)

Awesome all around performance tire, wet or dry (even ran well on ice). This is a Y rated tire, good for a sustained 185 MPH (an Autobahn tire for sure). It is capable of exceeding 1 lateral G -- optimize the 350 in the twisties!

I've driven on most of the high end performance tires and haven't found any other street tire that beats them in all around performance. I like them so much that I run them on both my 350 and 300 (both higher than average horsepower). They made the 300 an entirely different Z car when it comes to handling (I went from P-Zeros to the KDWs). On the 350, they make the stock RE-040s something that belongs on grandma's minivan.

350:

Rear: 285/40 on 18" x 9.5" wheels

Front: 245/40 on 18" x 8.5" wheels

300:

Rear: 275/35 on 18" x 9.5" wheels

Front: 245/35 on 18" x 8.5" wheels

wheel-4.jpg

I've just gone from Bridgestone Run Flats on the Beemer to Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and the difference is incredible.

The RFT's have a very hard side wall which give a harsh ride, they are also an all round tyre.

The Michelins on the other hard are giving a great ride, fabulous grip in the dry and better in the wet. They also give less road noise.

So for me it's Michelins....but they are costly of course. My rear tyres are £242 on mytyres.co.uk... :scare:

Not sure if anyone has tried these on a Zed but I reckon they would be superb. :thumbs:

I think the Michelins are substantively the Goodrich tires (or visa versa) since Michelin owns Goodrich, and they obviously share a little technology. The big difference is cost -- the 285/40s are slightly over $200 each and the 245/40s are slightly under $200 each.

Trev, the tyres have been ordered from Bracknell Tyre and Battery, Unit 1, Longshot Lane Ind Est, Longshot Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RL, 01344 411323. I've used them for years and they've always been the cheapest, even against online tyre places like blackcircle etc.

yep - I have been using them for years too - great prices !!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

yep - I have been using them for years too - great prices !!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You must be round the corner from me, I'm Warfield :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...