Engine management light?

jimmy vtec

Sorry to hijack but my engine light never came on after I fitted decats. Is that weird?

Na, they don't always come on. :thumbs: Even if it did you could rest it and it never come back aswell. I would think the more air/gas your exhaust/mods flow the more likely it is to come on.

The reason the CEL come's on after fitting de-cats is the rear lambda's measure the exhaust gas , with Cats fitted the rear measurement will be a lot cleaner as it is normally measured after the Cat , removing the cats the rear measure is the same as the front lambda measure so the ECU thinks the Cat is working , it will throw a cat in-efficent code.

Easily sortable with a Uprev.

When I fitted my Kinetix high flow cats, my CEL light triggered when I was on the motorway.

After plugging in Narcotix's laptop, the error code showed up as:

P0420 - catalyst system effeciency below threshold bank 1

This shows that even HFCs can trigger the EML light. I purchased a couple of lamda spacers off Alex and the EML light has not triggered since :)

Could the EML have triggered as I also have an aftermarket exhaust system fitted with the HFCs?