I need an insurance guru!!

T90zero

Im 21 and now renewing my zed for its 2nd year of insurance, the cheapest quote ive got so far is £1660 with admiral ive got my mum and brother on that quote to bring it down the most i could!! it was originally something stupid like £3000!

Does anyone know any decent companies that will actually give me a good quote for being so young?? i have 3 years no claims and like i said been driving the zed for a year now.

Help please!!!

Admiral are usually the best when it comes to young drivers TBH. I got my 350z when I was 24 and it was about £800 all in with my mum on the insurance to bring down the cost (she did drive it, honest Mr Insurance man).

Try out forum traders Livingstone Warman - viewforum.php?f=172 - they have been getting good feedback recently.

£1600? What are you complaining about thats a bargain at your age!! I paid £2500 when i was 23 and first got my zed. :thumbdown:

:scare: I must live in an amazingly quiet area as a year older than that and with only 1yrs NCB mine was only £800. I also remember thinking it would go down the next year when I was 25 but nooo, went up about £50 :lol:

parking on the street makes it cheaper.... did for me anyway, i also put my wife on my insurance, because she works in the nhs it took 200 quid off, try using an online quote as you can keep going back and changing bits and bobs, thats what i did on elephant, renewal was 1000 quid, i changed it all about and got it to 670!

£1600? What are you complaining about thats a bargain at your age!! I paid £2500 when i was 23 and first got my zed. :thumbdown:

£1600 is still a lot for me as i dont have rich parents to lean on! ive paid for everything through saving and im sadly out of savings now so need the cheapest i can get! i tried Livingstone Warman but they only take 25 yo's :rant:

think ill have to settle with admiral oh just another dig at me car tax is up this month aswell :wacko: gonna be a couple months of no drinking for me :byebye:

Have you tried Adrian Flux? Tesco? Bell? They have all been cheapest for me over the years.

Also go on Moneysavingexpert.com - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insura ... -insurance

and follow his guide, and go on the comparison sites in the order it states.

It takes a while but I done it a couple of years ago on mine and my missus' cars and got very good results.

Good luck. :thumbs:

parking on the street makes it cheaper.... did for me anyway, i also put my wife on my insurance, because she works in the nhs it took 200 quid off, try using an online quote as you can keep going back and changing bits and bobs, thats what i did on elephant, renewal was 1000 quid, i changed it all about and got it to 670!

My insurance renewal is coming up soon as well. Just had a quick look on confused.com and Admiral is coming in at £860, (im nearly 40 and have 18 years ncb). If I change it from parking on driveway to the road, that knocks 11quid off it, bringing it down to £849. Adding a wife jacks the premium up even more.

Interestingly, a Range Rover sport 4.2v8 is coming in at only £500 fully comp and a 2 year old Nissan GT-R valued at nearly £40,000 is only 700quid.

I had a 1.2L rusting Fiesta when I was 21...could have bought an XR2 or something but insurance was just mental. Without sounding harsh and not being personal but going after such a high performance car so young you are just asking to be hammered on insurance.

As soon as I hit 25 along came the bigger engined cars :thumbs:

as said above, you've done well to get such a good car at such a young age! did you buy it outright or on finance? still fair play :) as for insurance, have you tried masively limiting the mileage or increasing the excess to a high level? Thought about Advanced driving courses or fitting a tracker? at your age the cost of the course or tracker might actually offset the insurance difference maybe?

I am pretty sure I was on admiral when I was under 25 as well - something like £850 for a 1.2L fiesta, and that was 15 years ago!

I remember paying nearly £500 to insure my first car, third party only. The car was a 30 year old 850cc mini which cost me £20 to buy. :lol:

My brother on the other hand, his first car was my 205 1.9 Gti and that came in at £800.

Just given A Plan my details ther'll probably mug me off aswell.... everything was payed for out right im a good saver but just need a little extra! ill have to bite the bullet and get a massive overdraft i think and just be skint for 2 months! ahh well ill still be boosting round in my zed silver lining and all that :teeth:

thanks for all your help guys!

£1600 is still a lot for me as i dont have rich parents to lean on! ive paid for everything through saving and im sadly out of savings now so need the cheapest i can get! i tried Livingstone Warman but they only take 25 yo's :rant:

think ill have to settle with admiral oh just another dig at me car tax is up this month aswell :wacko: gonna be a couple months of no drinking for me :byebye:

:lol: No rich parents here mate, paid for it all on me tod whilst renting my first house too. Not sure how i afforded it to be honest? Wouldnt be paying that kind of money now, thats for sure.

I'm with elephant (so same as admiral) and paying £1300 for mine. (21, 2NCB)

Have you tried adding 2 older drivers? Preferably both women with long licence. Also, you could try increasing your excess and reducing your mileage if you don't need so much.