Australia

slackyd

The easiest way to do it, imo, is to get a container and fill it with your car and all your possessions for the move.

Will be costly though!

http://www.moving-australia.co.uk/car-s ... tralia.php

Then there's the paperwork and tax!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/73597-post6.html

Surely there will be loads of fairladys from japan you will be able to buy once there?

A guy from work is moving to Australia next month. He is a big car fan and was looking for a 240z and a 350z for him and his other half when they move. All I can say... the prices :scare: very expensive...

I know what you mean, A normal twin turbo over here is about 5-7k and in the US your looking at 20-40k. :scare:

yeh buying one over there is not an option, they are ridiculously expensive :thumbdown:

We've been looking at this for a while - the wife's an Aussie, so wants to return sometime... We keep on saying next year will be the year... for the last 16 years... :scare:

RORO looks like a good option http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/index.html do this for a grand.

We thought of selling most of our stuff, just taking dogs, computers and cars. The cars have to be owned for a year to avoid tax. You can only import one car each every 5 years and you have to move permanently to Oz as we understand it. Does, by all accounts, seem that rules have changed radically recently.

No idea about re-registration, but in Queensland, the bombs on the road seem to suggest rules are lax. Don't know about other states.

Car prices in Oz are ASTRONOMIC!! Certainly seems to make sense to take a nice car that you've owned for a while. Euro cars are at a premium, but Zeds aren't cheap either. Other more common Japs or locally made (e.g. Holden) are a lot cheaper.

So I'm planning on taking my Zed, and the wife is thinking of buying an Alfa at some stage. Possibly in the next 16 years.. :lol:

Good luck, and feedback your experience here if you do get there.

A guy from work is moving to Australia next month. He is a big car fan and was looking for a 240z and a 350z for him and his other half when they move. All I can say... the prices :scare: very expensive...

Prices of second hand cars in Auz have always been high, much higher than they are in NZ. So much so that people buy cars in NZ if it's something worth having and ship to Auz.