Dodgy Carbon?

taras

Those of you who have been to our workshop had seen our beautiful display of carbon and asked us "when are we going to make stuff for the z?"

Rather than us asking "what do you want in carbon?" like most traders do, I'd like to ask "whats been made in carbon which isn't very good that we can improve on?"

I'm not asking to list the dodgy carbon suppliers but it makes more sense to make something which is already desirable and wasn't done very well and for us to improve on it.

Ray

A carbon fibre one is hard to source in the UK at least, especially one that I trust will fit well at least.

This is the best I've found, but the seller didn't respond to my email, and I'd want to see a fitted one before buying: http://www.express-enterprise.co.uk/sei ... -5364.html

(unless i was a guinea pig getting the development one cheap ;) ;))

So who sells a non carbon one which does fit well?

Not something I want, but I've never seen a Carbon Tailgate that fits properly.

+1 mine is about 98% perfect, although when I'm down in October you can copy my boot (Seibon) and adjust the imperfections if you wanted?

Something I'd like, which can cost a fair few £££ is a new carbon engine cover and cooling panel. As you know I had to take my cooling panel off because of the front bumper, but would be keen to get a replacement to aid airflow with the bumper air duct.

Full width cooling panel for me... one with the contoured surface to prevent damage when the bonnet closes. If you can do that for fifty quid then im in!

Not possable. Even we who make our own cooling panes for other cars like the GT4 which is a perfect fit, smooth even and consistent thickens we sell at £90 discount to club members.

Photo0782.jpg

The thing about having carbon in the engine bay is that the resin used is different as it needs to be able to maintain shape and form at high temperatures so there's no way you'll get it for £50.

Not something I want, but I've never seen a Carbon Tailgate that fits properly.

+1 mine is about 98% perfect, although when I'm down in October you can copy my boot (Seibon) and adjust the imperfections if you wanted?

Something I'd like, which can cost a fair few £££ is a new carbon engine cover and cooling panel. As you know I had to take my cooling panel off because of the front bumper, but would be keen to get a replacement to aid airflow with the bumper air duct.

If there was a demand for carbon boot, we'd simply send off an OEM one and try to get it perfect first time.

I recall seeing your cooling panel and the room for improvements where noticeable when we tried fitting it. I've seen some pretty poorly made engine covers with very bad definition in the indentations.

But again is there a demand for them?

I know we can make the engine cover much better as we'd make a M&F mould to make sure it's well defined.

See how defined this indentation is:

Photo0976.jpg

Basically I think most people want everything thats already done - but done properly :lol:

Some 370z pieces would be nice too :teeth:

My thoughts exactly! But we obviously cant do everything and also there still has to be decent demand for it otherwise it's pointless for us to make it rite.

Engine cover, battery and brake fluid covers, cooling pane, front lip, B pillars, wing mirror covers, surround to zed badge on side of car :thumbs:

I forgot to mention dash board, centre console and arm rests on doors. :thumbs:

Already got the above covered; should be set up for a made-to-order bespoke service in a few weeks. However a mass produced off-the-shelf kit is well out of my capabilities, so could be something for RT Performance to look at.

DB