Wheel Nuts - suggestions / recommendations please?

tobys

Hi all,

After replacing my wheel nuts after finding at least 3 that are threaded. :surrender:

Not decided on whether to replace locking ones too, but my locking ones are OK atm.

For a UK GT with 18" Rays, no spacers.

Suggestions / recommendations please?

My wants (in order of importance):

1) High quality - must have torque settings.

2) Not chrome, either matte / satin silver or coloured

3) Choice of colours - specifically gold, orange or dark silver/anthracite/carbon.

4) Light weight would be nice

Links and/or prices would be handy too! :)

Thanks in advance!

Toby.

reducing unsprung weight can make a little bit of difference to bump response, but not a lot... imo i've considered this for my wheels, but lightweight alloy ones can work loose, and the alloy is softer than steel.

one other thing to note, is that the conical taper on aftermarket alloy wheels might be different to stock wheels, so id have to say if they're stock wheels, i'd stick with stock nuts.

I'd like be interested in hearing suggestions on this topic ...but not sure what you mean about at least three of your existing ones being "threaded"...do you mean that the threads on the nuts are damaged?

Sorry - yeah 'threaded' as in the threads no longer grip the bolt/stud as they the nut threads are damaged.

Standard if you've got standard wheels. That or mcgard spline drive :thumbs:

http://www.mcgard.com/automotiveproduct ... ivelugnuts

They won't be light (does it really matter?) and I don't know what you mean by torque settings on the nuts?

These sound good - do they definately fit UK Rays wheels?

By torque setting I just meant come with a specified torque value on the pack to indicate what to do them up to (and not damage the nuts - like some garage monkey did with my OEM ones)

Anyone got aftermarket lugs fitted to UK Rays? I've seen a lot of places (like Evasive Motorsport) with disclaimers saying do not fit to standard wheels.

These sound good - do they definately fit UK Rays wheels?

By torque setting I just meant come with a specified torque value on the pack to indicate what to do them up to (and not damage the nuts - like some garage monkey did with my OEM ones)

Anyone got aftermarket lugs fitted to UK Rays? I've seen a lot of places (like Evasive Motorsport) with disclaimers saying do not fit to standard wheels.

I believe the seat on the spline drives is the same as the oem nuts, but you may want to check first with whoever you buy them from.

Torque would be determined by the car no? Chances are a garage monkey used an impact wrench and let it slip on the nuts?

I know wasso is using rays nuts on the rays wheels, so if those have the same seat as the spline drives?

I really like polarised, but only ones I can find are long and open ended :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPI-POLARISED ... 632wt_1156

If you mean neochrome, muteki do the sr35's in neochrome, but, they don't seem to come with locking nuts, which only seem to be available as open end.

You could always buy some project kics r40's leggedura, they're closed end.