Tyres - 41 psi too much?

kevlo

hi guys and girls, ive got an e91 320d for business with run flat tyres. I've just checked the tyre pressures and the stickers on the door sills says 2.3 bar in the front and 2.8 bar in the back.

According to my local air machine 2.8 bar is 41 psi and 2.3 bar is 33 psi.

Firstly 41 psi seems really high

secondly it seems a big difference to have between front and rear 8psi.

any thoughts?

If thats what the sticker says then I would stick with it (as long as your tyres are the correct size for the car). Dont forget that you have an engine in the front and an empty boot in the back..... hence the difference in tyre pressures :thumbs:

thanks doogyrev for your helpful comment and thanks ekona/captain for your for the comments albeit stating the obvious.

I was only double checking more on the side of converting bar into psi as its something i have never had to do before, only ever had tyre pressures given in psi.

thanks doogyrev for your helpful comment and thanks ekona/captain for your for the comments albeit stating the obvious.

No problem, If you require any assistance in the colour of Grass or the Sky just let us know.... we are always poised and ready to help :thumbs:

:lol:

thanks gurjeet that was my point but i you did a better job of putting it across.

to be honest i wouldnt expect anything else from ekona, pretty much every reply i have seen him put usually involves him looking down his nose at people

thanks gurjeet that was my point but i you did a better job of putting it across.

to be honest i wouldnt expect anything else from ekona, pretty much every reply i have seen him put usually involves him looking down his nose at people

Actually I think you're the one being rude. I think Ekona's posts were pretty restrained considering. I doubt many people on a 350z forum are going to be experts on BMW tyre pressures, i'm sure there are BMW forums if you took the time to search.

Actually I think you're the one being rude. I think Ekona's posts were pretty restrained considering. I doubt many people on a 350z forum are going to be experts on BMW tyre pressures, i'm sure there are BMW forums if you took the time to search.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the first three replys :shrug: Admittedly my second post is taking the pi$$... hence the :lol:

I humbly apologise my friend. My first post was actually just me being helpful, that's why I put the smiley at the end. My next one was a jokey ribbing hence the laughing smiley which I hoped you'd take in good jest, but clearly not.

For the future, maybe if you actually try asking the question you want the answer to in the original post then you may actually get the correct answer, rather than a few answers you see as sarcastic. Blimey, there's no helping some people. :shrug:

As you may know, Ive had a few face offs with Ekona, one thing I would say is not once has he been condescending or ill informed, the guy clearly knows what hes talking about and can put a case across. :thumbs:

Asking for a conversion rate from Bar to PSI isnt the most technical of issues either, lets face it ......... :D