JWT vs Injen

rabster

OK so i was toying with the idea of supercharging the car but the kit is no longer available so been thinking of other things for now

The car has the JWT induction but i saw the 350z with dual Injen on Youtube and liked the look of it however it doesnt look like it fits uk specs ?

does anyone have any experience with them failing that i have installed a few single Injen on Lexus models and liked the way they sounded anyone here got one what's your views/reviews

With the GT4 you will have a slightly more powerful version of the VQ35DE Revup engine, but for modification purposes it's just a Revup.

Supercharger-wise, the big three (IMO) are:

Vortech: centrifugal, pretty cheap, and good power gains for a bolt on

ATI Procharger: centrifugal, fairly cheap, also bolt-on, but a fair few reliability issues reported, particularly on the US forums

Stillen: twin-screw, awesome low down torque but lower peak power, also a bolt on but to get big gains will cost almost as much as a twin turbo setup

hope that helps

DB

You have to get pretty much all of them from the states, a new Vortech V-3 full kit (which is the kit i'm planning on getting) is about $5000 to $6000 depending on where you get it from, but that's without shipping or tax, so you're looking at dollars for pounds once you take that into account. Used you're looking at around half that, but i'd want to know EXACTLY who had installed it and tuned it etc etc as that will make a big difference as to how likely it is to fail, also which version it is, as early Vortechs had issues with really noisey bearings, and the V1/2 and V3 have fundamentally different oil systems.

If you can't find the info your after searching on here, then try 350z-tech.com (sorry for the alternative forum link mods) which is a US forum. they're a bunch of flame-artists so i wouldn't bother posting, but there's a LOT of info on forced induction setups there.

Seems to me you'd benefit from doing a fair bit more research before deciding which way to go, a Vortech might cost 5K, but you'll be looking at the same again for supporting mods, fitting and tuning, so it's a big comittment.

DB

Vortech will be the cheapest option, you can pick up a new Vortech kit for around £3K from Assaultech in the states. It will make you the most power but its pretty noisy.

HKS kit will cost a fortune & won't reach the power of the Vortech, however it is a better built kit, sounds better than the Vortech & is much more refined. Its also a bit more torquey than the Vortech.

ATI not seen many people run these here or even in the states & that says a lot imo about the kit.

Stillen sounds amazing, doesn't make a lot of power & you have to have the gash bonnet fitted with it. You'd probably make more power with boltons & uprev than you will with the basic Stillen kits.

Personally theres only 2 I would ever go for - HKS & Vortech.

TTS down at silverston, next door to AME build rotrex superchargers which is what the Aussie drifter uses on his zed :thumbs:

Cheers for that Neilp I have seen their adds in the mags many times and wondered if they did or would make one for the 350z, now I know someone else has one and uses it for motorsport I may give them a call next year if it will work out cheaper than geting my aunt to ship a vortec over as a prezy ;)

TTS down at silverston, next door to AME build rotrex superchargers which is what the Aussie drifter uses on his zed :thumbs:

Cheers for that Neilp I have seen their adds in the mags many times and wondered if they did or would make one for the 350z, now I know someone else has one and uses it for motorsport I may give them a call next year if it will work out cheaper than geting my aunt to ship a vortec over as a prezy ;)

even if its shipped as a prezzie you will still get pumped on taxes and duty im sure. Get some lightweight rims and get rid of the standard heavy bad boys... the car will feel much faster and more responsive.

:lol: everyone says that, just waiting till start of next year for grid drifts Neilp off to rs with a few goodies to put on for a wee boost in power in two weeks.

Ah good stuff! Honestly the wheels make a huge difference that you wouldn't believe. :thumbs:

ok so back to the original question is the Injen single intake or dual intake worth the money what are they like on a 350z on a lexus LS430 it sounds great and appears to have upped the power but no dyno to prove on the car i fitted it on

same goes for a SC430

but what about on the 350z

CAI kits will make it sound better, but will almost certainly lose you 2 or 3 horsepower as they suck in warm air from the engine bay. If it's noise you're after then go for an induction kit, if it's power you want get an '06 onwards airbox (or an earlier one with the modified velocity stack kit) and a decent panel filter.

As far as i know, a dual air intake would only fit on the HR engined Zeds (not yours) as the HR has a dual air intake as opposed to the DE's single intake, but intakes should be interchangeable between US/UK cars as long as they have the same engine, but someone may well come along in a minute and tell me i'm talking Bo!!ocks.

DB