Sincere apology over my last sale on the forum.

R35LEE

My Sincere apology with the issue with the last sale on here. The item was sent out to the correct address but 1st class unrecorded in an envelope by Matt Bowey when I was overrun at work. I have refunded the '£2' and sent out a third item 1st class recorded along with a beer and again my apologies.

If anyone wants to PM me please do because I am picking them up again! I have been working every hour on a Major Oilfeild Project and also on the new building project for the garage which will be a phased 33,000 Sq Ft development next door to Falcon Performance's current premises. It will cater for everything we do at present and more! We will be keeping our current premises but it will solely be devoted to restorations of historic race cars and all classic motor vehicles.

I hired Matt Bowey to help out with the forum work for me while I was too busy but he proved that useful I hired him at Falcon Performance full time!

As the new building for Falcon is now at the point of development a Project Manager is now taking over the construction and this has taken a load off my shoulders so you guys will see me a lot more at meets and on the forum. I am also sorting out all my PM's today so If you need anything let me know. I always try and help where and when I can. I also now have a dedicated Phone line for 'R35LEE Forum stuff' which I will put up on my banner tomorrow! The number is 07955 945505 and is alive now.

I have only ever been a member trader on the forum and not a full Trader but I registered Falcon Performance as a Trader on here as it is only fair due to the amount of business we do for forum members. We now look after Loads of the Forum 350z's in the area and a lot of 370z customers (3 x 350z's and 1 x 370z in at present).

Falcon would very much like feedback PM'd to 'Falcon Performance' regarding what current and future customers would like to see in our new premises, which will take a considerable time to construct and develop. Ste (My brother) who runs Falcon Performance will also be there to answer any questions or book vehicles in for service / upgrades etc.

Banners for Falcon should be up tonight once Cal finishes them :thumbs::clap:

This post was initially locked at the request of the OP and discussed in the team section prior to a decision being made.

It has now been decided to unlock the thread.

As with all threads on here though, if it gets out of hand it will be locked.

Like I said to the team earlier - I don't see how two sentences re the actual deal and customer service and then four paragraphs of PR for Falcon actually constitutes an apology :shrug:

I don't doubt Falcon are doing great things for members' cars - however this should not cause confusion and detract from the fact that there was a horrific lack of customer care in this case - regardless of value.

leonk, I replied to your PM and will get your W brace and Bennets together tomorrow before work. Do you need it sending before the weekend?

Biscuit, cheers for the support buddy. Ye things have been hectic and obviously my presence on here deminished to nothing for a long while.

Most of the guys on the forum who actually know me will know that I always help out where I can for nothing and don't try and ram services or products down peoples throats. At meets I have no problem looking at issues with vehicles and fix issues with parts from my own car (if I don't have the part required to hand).

My trade of the £2 item (including my post & packaging) was a total non profit sale from the start. In fact sending it twice made it a loss and a third with a beer and signed for delivery cost £3.88. This issue was totally my fault because I simply thought it was sent and transaction closed. I didn't check my PM's because I was too busy with my design work. I did not send the items recorded because the item simply was not worth it, however due to this issue I will only ever send cheaper / smaller items Royal mail first class recorded and larger items Parcel Force or collection in person from mine or @ a meet. I will now only take payment for an item once the collection booking has been made and I can send a PDF of the Shipping Label to the buyer who is then to make payment prior to dispatch. This will keep things far easier for me as well as the buyer.

Now for my plug of Falcon as it is my thread after all..... Cal hurry up with the banner :thumbs: Just going to upload a few more Images onto Falcon's FB page now http://www.facebook.com/pages/FALCON-PE ... 9876370504 :thumbs:

Lee's the best and only place to get 2nd hand parts from and always my first port of call if i needed anything. sometimes things go wrong and its good to see that the buyer got their part in the end, plus refund, plus beer.

you can;t ask more than that really. and it seems lessons have been learned and the service has been improved. which is only a good thing.

By giving the delivery label PDF a buyer will know it has been booked with Parcelforce prior to paying so it should aleviate some of the worry. I am also taking pictures of everything I send to dipict the condition of packaging prior to courier collection :thumbs:

Most of the guys on the forum who actually know me will know that I always help out where I can for nothing...

I can definitely vouch for that..God knows how many times Lee have done that for me in the past :thumbs: i remembered he help me sort out my BOSE head unit(after i had f**ked up the ipod tape deck mod) in the rain on his driveway one evening and didn't even charged me for hours of labour.

Hope you are well mate..guess you just can't please everyone..good to see u back on here :thumbs: Hope you are not working too hard. :)

Alright Neil, I hear your having Cookie fit a nav unit on Sunday :thumbs: I'm in London on Sunday if you fancy a drive in for a coffee :thumbs:

Matty, I need to come to yours tomorrow to get my tools as I just bought something silly :blush: Will explain tomorrow mate :thumbs:

Alright Neil, I hear your having Cookie fit a nav unit on Sunday :thumbs: I'm in London on Sunday if you fancy a drive in for a coffee :thumbs:

Matty, I need to come to yours tomorrow to get my tools as I just bought something silly :blush: Will explain tomorrow mate :thumbs:

call me now mate, i think i have an idea of what you have bought.

Cheers Bounty :thumbs:

Most of the guys on the forum who actually know me will know that I always help out where I can for nothing...

I can definitely vouch for that..God knows how many times Lee have done that for me in the past :thumbs: i remembered he help me sort out my BOSE head unit(after i had f**ked up the ipod tape deck mod) in the rain on his driveway one evening and didn't even charged me for hours of labour.

Hope you are well mate..guess you just can't please everyone..good to see u back on here :thumbs: Hope you are not working too hard. :)

Lee might well be a stand up guy and I know some of you have a lot of time for him but on two occasions I have PM'd him I have had problems. The first time was in my early days on here, so probably Autumn last year, after not receiving a reply for days I posted a thread saying something like "Anyone heard from R35 Lee?" I was subsequently bombarded by the "R35 Lee Appreciation Society" telling me what a busy guy he was and he's a great bloke, blimey all I did was ask if anyone had heard from him :blush:

The second time was regarding some auto window switches, to this day I have not had a reply.

On a third occasion I was successful and Matt Bowey kindly helped out organised the part for Wales.

My points are thus:-

If you want to help people help them

If you are too busy then tell people you can't as no response only leads to frustration, it's like sitiing on a broken down train and the guard not telling you anything. I think it might have been a good idea, recently, to have said something like "I'm not going to be around for a while because of pressures of work guys". Fair enough, no problem, but I suspect Lee didn't want to be seen to be letting people down.

I think one of the biggest problems is that this Fourm is quite unique in the way it helps others so quickly, so when "normal service" is not offered then people will complain.

This is not a snipe at Lee but merely my real experiences and for what it's worth I hope it helps. May peace prevail. :)

:scare: London?? I thought I was meeting him up north!!!