Suspension knock....

jenic

I have a suspension knock that has developed since i got the car 2 months ago.

Its over bumps and only at speeds of 30mph and less. Its just an audible knock over bumps in the road. It seems worse when i first set off, once I've been out a while it seems less bad.

I've got some new drop links all round off ZMANALEX to try (couldn't get the old ones off so it's going into my uncles garage to get them done asap)

My question is what else could it be, i've heard people mention banana bar, and that it costs a lot. What is this? Some sort of arb?

This is assuming the links don't fix it obviously.

I have a suspension knock that has developed since i got the car 2 months ago.

Its over bumps and only at speeds of 30mph and less. Its just an audible knock over bumps in the road. It seems worse when i first set off, once I've been out a while it seems less bad.

I've got some new drop links all round off ZMANALEX to try (couldn't get the old ones off so it's going into my uncles garage to get them done asap)

My question is what else could it be, i've heard people mention banana bar, and that it costs a lot. What is this? Some sort of arb?

This is assuming the links don't fix it obviously.

its the front control arm, quite easy to see, alex sells the bushes pretty cheap in comparison to price of new bar

I see why they were called banana bars now :)

So £80 + £20 to a guy at a local garage to press the bushes in for both bars refreshed. Bargain!

Even at £250 per new bar they aren't too bad :)

Yep, hopefully the new drop links will fix it, should taken it to my uncles last night to get fitted but I was called out to work :(

• 1 month later...

New drop links haven't really helped much, if at all. And its getting worse by the day.

Had it at the garage all day and they found nothing wrong but admitted they could hear it.

Thought about going to Nissan but found out they charge £108/hour and I'd rather we buy any car it than pay a few hours at those prices for them to find nothing.

Anyway, i did a video of it, any thoughts. 20 seconds in you can hear it, right until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EMzMy5als

I have a very similar knock, had the car checked a couple times and found nothing wrong ....then it got worse so I had another look myself. The knock is coming from the plastic undertray below the engine. Two bolts were sheared and some of the clips were missing. I was sure the knock was coming from the front right somewhere but the tray is deff the problem.

Check the undertray as your knock sounds exactly like what i am getting

• 1 month later...