POST YOUR ZED PIC OF THE DAY.............

manphibian

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Shunter8 said:

Can I cheat an post 2? A before and after as I had some spare time on my hands so did some headlight restoration. They're not perfect by any means, but a damn sight better than they were.

173715153_350HLAfter.jpg.398973cd4f8b9fb3622f029723c37e47.jpg

They look way better, now they are spick n span, have you put anything on to protect them from UV? 

9 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

They look way better, now they are spick n span, have you put anything on to protect them from UV? 

Nothing yet no, it's on my to do list but need to research what's the best thing to protect them with. Was a bit of a last minute job whilst I had some spare time and already had the restoration kit handy from a previous vehicle. Any recommendations?

I don’t mean to criticise, but that’s a lot of splatter! I’d suggest trying less polish and try to keep the pad flat to the surface.

Good results though.

In terms of protection, nothing short of re-clear coating them lasts more than year. If you’re happy to redo them every year, any (decent) SiO2 coating will work. Avoid the eBay specials...

Both Gtechniq C1 and Gyeon Mohs work well, as does Gyeon CanCoat but with a bit less durability. On headlights, they’re all easy enough to use because of the small area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

Finished the 2BM wash with polishing the tailpipes. Despite washing weekly I hadn't polished them for a good few months.

Feel so smooth now.

Polished pipes

Looks fantastic!

This is on my list to do in the coming week too. Tail pipes and silencer, hopefully there not too far gone :)

4 hours ago, AntelopeSam said:

Spacers fitted yesterday evening. And a good wash today. 

Next on the isolation to do list:

Lay a concrete slab in the garden (not Zed related) 

Polish exhaust

Re-paint door handles

IMG_20200403_185428.jpg

Something about a stock 350z that looks just “right”. I think Nissan got the design spot on especially with the rays wheels. In my opinion a lot of the body kitted, black painted wheels mods that owners do to 350z’s actually detract from what is a handsome looking car in stock form. I know it’s a person thing (hell I’ve modified my own Z) but here’s a big thumbs up to stock Z’s.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

1686570017_IMG_20200421_215928(1).jpg.cbd48c6d5953913ab318e435f65f01dd.jpg

Doesn't look too bad in this lighting from the back - awaiting respray once bodyshop get back to full force. Currently bodywork in bad or primer state. Will also be adding CS Bottomline style add-on skirts.... should really do a build thread :bangin:

Edited by msitpro
  • Like 3