The Jockland Hoon 2011

Stew

The Jockland Hoon is back in 2011 by popular demand!

The 'big' drive will be taking place on Sunday 4th September 2011. The route might be changing slightly but it will still be amazing, I can guarantee that!

As with previous events we will be basing ourselves in Fort Augustus which is at the South West tip of Loch Ness. This has been a great base for us in the past with a few pubs and places to eat.

As usual there are plenty of B&Bs and also the Fort Augustus Chalet Park for accommodation. There are campsites however they are not for the faint hearted as the weather is very unpredictable in the West Highlands of Scotland.

Right now we are looking for a list of names of those that are SERIOUSLY interested in attending. The spaces will be limited due to the roads used in the drive. Pre payment of the lunch on the drive out will be sought nearer the time.

I recommend that you book accommodation sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.

If you are definitely attending please send your 'real' name, passenger name, car type and colour and mobile phone number to me (Stew) via PM as soon as possible, if you share where you are staying too it might help me later on! This is purely so I can keep track of attendees and we can all know who people are and so '+1s' can actually have a name! :lol:

This is a meet with a brilliant social side and serious driving roads with some of the best scenery in the UK.

Here are some threads to have a look through to see if the meet is for you - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27572

I'll add the names to the list in this post as confirmations (details via PM) come in.

1. Stew - Stew and Jayne

2. Ebized - Colin and June

3. AK350Z - Andy and Fran

4. Jay - Jay and Laura

5. glrnet - Graham and Joy

6. Lexx - Al and Helen

7. Ken - Ken

8. DarrenB - Darren and Steph

9. DawnC - Kenny and Dawn

10. Vik54 - Vicky and Gary

11. Will350Z - Will and TBC

12. Chesterfield - Chris and Tracy

13. Gtype - Ricky and Karen

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be an idea for those willing to share a chalet to post up to see if anyone else will split the costs etc.

There will be more details filtering thorough as I make them up! :lol: so keep an eye out.

No harm in registering your interest on this thread, it's the first post list that is the confirmed list so that's the one that matters! ;)

Lexx ya light weight. Laura and I are coming up to the hoon... doing the drive on sunday then leaving that night as we are off on holiday for 10 days on monday :p

Ok, ok. You may have shamed me into it!

I'll speak to Helen at the weekend and see if we can manage it.

You can manage it :thumbs: P.S. nice colour :lol: Welcome back

Cheers! I was aiming for green ;)

You'd need a Zed for that ;)

*cough* Ekona *cough*

(I'm currently in process of trying to secure a deal on a Zed...shhhhhhhhhhhh)

*cough* Ekona *cough*

Ah but he was a mod before he let the car go ;) You should have made more effort before you got rid of yours :p

*cough* Ekona *cough*

Ah but he was a mod before he let the car go ;) You should have made more effort before you got rid of yours :p

*mutters*

:lol:

On a serious note, my offer of help is a genuine one.

back on topic......Stew, I'm working on getting there. I should have an answer for you on Monday.

Would like to think we'll be there - but will have to wait a wee while before we commit - I won't have any leave or cash left by that stage so would only be able to come for the Saturday & Sunday - will play it by ear :thumbs:

I'd so like to attend this, it's so very tempting, I'll have to place my name down at the end of August, dependant on cashflow, although I will have only just come back from a 2,500+ mile drive through Europe, so to make a further venture to the top of the country would be adding even further serious mileage.

Any idea of the length of the drives?