Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

Holding both key fob buttons for 5 secs changes the unlocking mechanism to only open the drivers door and not the passengers door, as an anti hi-jacking aid. And also so you can laugh at the mrs as she stands there in the rain pulling on the door handle :lol:

My fob only opens the drivers door, and then the passenger on the 2nd press.

I tried what you suggest but without joy. Are you doing this when the car is locked or unlocked, and the lock/unlock button or both?

They can crush at the same time a Hotpoint washing machine and a Zanussi dryer with only very light cosmetic damage to the zed B)

WIN :lol:

Post now updated with pics :lol:

You were going forwards when you did that? :headhurt:

Did your guide dog not bark a warning? :p

I was not at the wheel..................long story! ;):wacko:

But here it is from October 2008

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16924&hilit=hotpoint

Holding both key fob buttons for 5 secs changes the unlocking mechanism to only open the drivers door and not the passengers door, as an anti hi-jacking aid. And also so you can laugh at the mrs as she stands there in the rain pulling on the door handle :lol:

This worked perfectly for me on both 55 and 08 Zed's. :thumbs: The procedure also works in reverse, if the anti-hijack is enabled pressing both the buttons will remove it. I know from previous posts that this procedure simply wont work for some owners, imports for sure but some U.K cars don't seem to want to play ball. Possibly it's an undocumented improvement and just won't work on earlier cars :shrug:

Pete

This worked perfectly for me on both 55 and 08 Zed's. :thumbs: The procedure also works in reverse, if the anti-hijack is enabled pressing both the buttons will remove it. I know from previous posts that this procedure simply wont work for some owners, imports for sure but some U.K cars don't seem to want to play ball. Possibly it's an undocumented improvement and just won't work on earlier cars :shrug:

Pete

:cry: gutted i think mine doesnt work, anti-hijack really annoys me lol

Pete

:cry: gutted i think mine doesnt work, anti-hijack really annoys me lol

There's several threads about this including this one

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10931

At a guess I'd say that the change was made when the GT4 came out in 2005.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

LV insurance want £620 to insure a 2008 M3................. worth 25k

and want £750 to insure a 2004 350Z worth £6k......................... LOGIC???????

not much here!?!??!?

yes; ones driven by more younguns and therefore the crash ratio is higher on the zed than the M3