Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

The valet key which has no battery will disengage the immobiliser and start the car but will not open the glove box. (Owners manual)

Doesn't on Caroline's MY07 roadster. :shrug:

Pete

Is it definetly the origional nissan key?

It should operate as above. Maybe its a replacent?

Looks original to me.

P1014753.jpg

Just sets the alarm off when opening the door.

Pete

In back to back dyno tests, a cosworth panel filter gives 2bhp less than the standard nissan paper filter.

thats interesting as its sold on here by some as the best option for the most gains, :snack:

2HP is well within normal dyno variations, would take that with a pinch of salt tbh. Even 2 pulls of the same car back to back will likely give a difference of 2HP between them ;)

• Like 1

In back to back dyno tests, a cosworth panel filter gives 2bhp less than the standard nissan paper filter.

thats interesting as its sold on here by some as the best option for the most gains, :snack:

2HP is well within normal dyno variations, would take that with a pinch of salt tbh. Even 2 pulls of the same car back to back will likely give a difference of 2HP between them ;)

One 350z goes for a remap and has its "before" runs conducted. A cosworth filter is then fitted and on average it's 2bhp down (and never shows any gains). The cosworth is then removed and the standard filter put back in. The bhp is now back to the original average and is remapped with the original filter still in place.

Thats the kind of testing we need rather than "feels more responsive, livelier etc etc" :lol:

• Like 2

When getting the shopping out the boot and pressing the lock button while the hatch is still open, a beep will be audible indicating that the boot and doors will be locked once the hatch is closed.

So make sure you have the keys on your person and not drop them in the boot, even more so if they are your only key to the Zed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The car is responsible for making more people smile than Jonathan Ross and Jo Brand combined (Poll)

A friend of mine had a Corvette for a while, and would always use the line "The Vette gets 'em wet".

So I responded with "But the Zed gets me head!".

• Like 1

The car is responsible for making more people smile than Jonathan Ross and Jo Brand combined (Poll)

A friend of mine had a Corvette for a while, and would always use the line "The Vette gets 'em wet".

The citroen AX gets me Sex......

• Like 1

She is a thirsty beast. :scare:

You need to speak to Wasso. He did about 150 miles on a quarter tank :#1:

That is true. Quarter of a tank no word of a lie and ended up just shy of 200 miles. That was 35 miles into the - - - - readout. I was rather pleased :teeth:

The valet key which has no battery will disengage the immobiliser and start the car but will not open the glove box. (Owners manual)

Doesn't on Caroline's MY07 roadster. :shrug:

Pete

Is it definetly the origional nissan key?

It should operate as above. Maybe its a replacent?

Looks original to me.

I have a similar problem with my valet key. Unlocks the door and disables the alarm, but not the emobiliser!!

Any ideas??

:bangin:

Jacko

Just sets the alarm off when opening the door.

Pete

:notworthy:

In the truck, I get to.............................................................deliver goods

• Like 1

In the truck, I get to.............................................................deliver goods

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nice. :teeth:

Tip o' the hat to you sir!

Nice little facts indeed, get a feeling some stage tomorrow I be hunting around the Zed for this secret compartment etc. To much driving it and not enough time investigating it :thumbs: Keep them coming people!

I think this only works if you have programmed the key fob to open each door on it's own. Unlock the car pressing the key fob once, after a few minutes of inactivity it locks and alarms itself.

Pete

Holding both key fob buttons for 5 secs changes the unlocking mechanism to only open the drivers door and not the passengers door, as an anti hi-jacking aid. And also so you can laugh at the mrs as she stands there in the rain pulling on the door handle :lol:

• Like 3