Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

I should look in to converting that Blue tooth adapter on mine in to something useful. I don't even use blue tooth; hell my aftermarket head unit doesn't have it even if I wanted to use it.

Someone tell me how to turn it in to two cup holders pronto!

<3

My own known Fact about the 350Z - 370Z.

You look for a car for over 2 years and could not part with your cash because nothing ticked all the box's

2004 your radar spots the 350Z -99% made up by the looks - you test drive - pick your colour - all box's ticked - Happy 350Z owner

Six years of trouble free enjoyable ownership.

Crash your motorbike in 2010 - accident forces sale of the 350Z

2 years in hospital whilst they rebuild your body learn to walk again.

Spend your days reading every Auto review in every magazine, watching every U-Tube review looking for a new car wish list.

4.pm 20th of September 2012 your surgeon gives you the thumps up your free to go.

6.00.pm 20th of September 2012 you test drive the car at the top of your wish list

6.30.pm 20th of September 2012 you have bought the car at the top of your wish list

Purchase 370Z 40th Anniversary Black Edition 370Z . . . . . ITS A ZED - ENOUGH SAID . . . . . FACT

• Like 4

The "how to fit two golf bags in your boot" sticker may be the most useless piece of information I've ever seen

Haha this sticker makes me laugh, why they put it in there I'll never know :lol:

Apparently a lot of Japanese business men won't buy a car unless they can take a friend/colleague/customer to the golf course with both their bags in the boot...

The story behind the boot sticker is the Chairman of Nissan stipulated that

the boot on the Zed had to be big enough for two golf bags, so the engineers

as a "joke" then stipulated how to put them into the boot, hence the sticker. :thumbs:

I'm sure it's more generic than that, most jap cars have them regardless of marque.

Read the Nissan 350Z "Behind the Resurrection of a Legend" by John Lamm. :thumbs:

All it says is you can fit 2 golf bags in (type "golf" in the search window): http://www.amazon.co...ader_0760315752

If its not in that one it then its in my Nissan 300ZX / 350Z "The Z-car story" By Brian Long.

The Chairman was Yutaka Katayama - Father of the Zed..I'll check it out when I get home... :thumbs:

• Like 1

There is a thread on here somewhere about a guy who moved it! Just unscrewed everything and relocated it under the cubby box. Go searchy!

You don't have to relocate it, you can just unscrew it, unplug it and take the whole thing out :)

You can take the false floor that it's screwed to out too, so it makes the cubby a bit deeper!

They actually attract other cars.. no matter how far away from anyone else you park in a car park, when you come back another car will have parked next to it!

God damn this is annoying, had this today at the local supermarket. Parked as far away as possible, there was literally 50+ other spaces, however they chose to park about a foot away from my car. What the hell is wrong with these people? Luckily there didn't seem to be any marks left on my car, no idea how the driver managed to get out unless they were rake thin as my passenger couldn't get in. I left them a nasty note on their car, it really is unnecessary to park like that.

I only ever pick up the wife from Tesco so never leave the car on its own, but parked in B&Q the other week and again the car park was half empty so I parked well away from everybody and came back to find a builders van about 6" from my door, I had to get in the passengers side...WHY DO THEY DO IT,,is it just to pi55 us off because we have a nice car...!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Whenever i park i always make try and get my side tight against the side of the parking space, so even tho it's a squeeze for me to get out i know theres lots of room for anyone getting out of their cars on the other side

The "how to fit two golf bags in your boot" sticker may be the most useless piece of information I've ever seen

Haha this sticker makes me laugh, why they put it in there I'll never know :lol:

When I first got my zed and I was showing the lot at work (who are golfers) they turn round to me and say but you won't get any golf clubs in the boot, I promptly open the boot and show them the sticker... Personally my only use for it to be fair though haha

• Like 2

The Z can ACTUALLY do 30mpg!! Well 30.1mpg!! That's the best I'VE done anyway!!

Try sticking cruise control on at 50mph, think I managed about 37mpg doing that! :thumbs: Remember to reset the trip comp once you've got cruise on to make sure it just reads that section of the journey!

• Like 1

The Z can ACTUALLY do 30mpg!! Well 30.1mpg!! That's the best I'VE done anyway!!

Try sticking cruise control on at 50mph, think I managed about 37mpg doing that! :thumbs: Remember to reset the trip comp once you've got cruise on to make sure it just reads that section of the journey!

Yeah...i managed about 31mpg with cruise set to 80mph!! :teeth:
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...