Stainless Steel Exhaust for an 07 GT

Bruce Lee

I've been hunting for a replacement stainless steel exhaust for my GT as mine had split at the rear flange flange - which I'm told is a common problem?!

Japspeed informed me that their K2 wouldn't fit as my 300bhp GT version has a different bumper and the tail pipes wouldn't stick out far enough.

Is this true for all off the shelf steel exhausts? - I'd really appreciate it if any other owner of a similar GT model could advice on one which will fit ok?!

Not wanting to spend £450 with the main dealer for a standard one I took it to Save On Tyres in Exeter and Pat did a top job of cutting off the flange and wielding the 2 sections together for just £30.

Would still like some advice if anyone can help?

I've been hunting for a replacement stainless steel exhaust for my GT as mine had split at the rear flange flange - which I'm told is a common problem?!

Japspeed informed me that their K2 wouldn't fit as my 300bhp GT version has a different bumper and the tail pipes wouldn't stick out far enough.

Is this true for all off the shelf steel exhausts? - I'd really appreciate it if any other owner of a similar GT model could advice on one which will fit ok?!

Not wanting to spend £450 with the main dealer for a standard one I took it to Save On Tyres in Exeter and Pat did a top job of cutting off the flange and wielding the 2 sections together for just £30.

Japspeed Zorsts only fit pre 06 models! :thumbdown: Trust me I've been there! :bang:

Get a Scorpion if your budgets tight. Most swear by them! :thumbs:

If your car is an 07, it is highly likely you have the 309 bhp version. (do you have a "hump" in your bonnet, and twin intakes for the engine?)

If so, make sur eyou mention this to traders when looking for an exhaust. And also when it comes to fitting it, you may have to remove the diff shield (just a piece of angled metal) to get it to fit.

Japspeed Zorsts only fit pre 06 models! :thumbdown: Trust me I've been there! :bang:

I had a japspeed exhaust on my rev-up 2006 stu :lol: It fitted fine... you lot are just unlucky :);)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a japspeed exhaust on my rev-up 2006 stu :lol: It fitted fine... you lot are just unlucky :);)

I have since discovered that Nissan in there ultimate wisdom decided for a 6 month period (roughly betwwen the 56-06 models) to slightly alter the route the exhaust takes under the car...............then change it back 6 months later! :bang: