Another Zed for the collection not quite a 350!

Keyser

OK Thought I'd make you all jealous with this bargain I picked up on eBay.

As you can see absolutely immaculate in every respect :blush:

1.jpg

1a.jpg

1w.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

OK OK Maybe it needs a wash, clay bar and polish? :lol::lol:

Bloody hell, are you starting your own forum. :lol:

Was that an offer to host it???

You going for the full set or opening a motor museum ?

:cloud9: The full set ..... not the plan but a great idea :thumbs:

Bloody Fruitcake :lol::lol:

Dave have you been talking to my wife? Thats what she said!

Alright it's not immaculate but it is a runner and it does have some very redeeming features,

It just so happens that the rear LSD and brakes can be transplanted into a 260Z.

My research leads me to believe that tuning the standard 260Z engine is a bit like a 350Z (expensive)

This little baby has a V6 turbo charged engine ....... I'm sure your all way ahead of me here, this is the donor car for the up and coming 260Z restoration project! If I can pull it off it will cost less than a set of triple Webbers for a 260 and give me more power!

Well that's the plan, collecting this one (on a trailer) Friday. I will be spending the next few weekends building my garage. Then its project time....... will keep you posted! :thumbs:

next time I wanna see a photo of that car up on blocks and nothing left ;)

also want to see that plenum polished so I can shave looking at it B)

Blocks I cant afford blocks!!!

Your not old enough to shave :p

next time I wanna see a photo of that car up on blocks and nothing left ;)

also want to see that plenum polished so I can shave looking at it B)

Blocks I cant afford blocks!!!

Your not old enough to shave :p

use tyres, work too. ;) The other statement is just a statement ;) If I needed to shave then well I'd want to be able to do it looking at the polished plenum :D

I don't know why I keep getting jealous of the cars you keep buying that have wildlife nesting in them but something deep inside just makes me want to own them............and in my case make them worse by trying to fix them.

Got home from Cardiff with the 300ZX on a trailer tonight.

OMG what have I done!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

will have a better look in the daylight tomorrow and update with some pics for you all to laugh at! :blush:

Update for those that care and some more ammunition for those that think I'm nuts.

So we get down to "Monty's" garage on Friday, met the seller (from eBay) who with the help of 5 mates! pushed the car onto the road so we could jump start it. Flat battery 3 flat tyres and the key ring is broken so we had trouble getting the immobiliser to turn off!

Please note I am not slating the eBayer that sold me this car he described it well (the pictures in the original post were from his advert and that was not all of them) he also pointed out it was a sold as spares or a project so I am NOT saying I was in anyway mislead.

The suspension appears to be independent on every corner and I'm not sure if its attached to the car with anything more than elastic bands :lol: , hitting the brakes results in an interesting dive, pitch, wobble, roll thing I think martinmac would feel more at home in this one!

The body kit is held on by screws all the filler/glue that once held it on has broken away and bits were peeling off on the journey home.

The front windscreen is missing the surround strip so no doubt leaks and the boot has about a half inch of water in, it stinks and has a lot of surface rust at least.

The only thing I thought was a shame is that the seats looked to be in a lot better condition in the original photos they are actually quite worn - the electrics in the driver's seat make a motor spin but the seat itself does not move. The seat is also not securely connected to the car and pitches back when you lean on it.

However the engine has no black smoke pouring out of the exhaust revs freely and starts at the first flick of the key every time (now the battery is charged) receipt for a new clutch about 20K ago along with a new dizzy and a few other bits, so I'm happy with that.

For those that think this one is too good to be just a donor I would have to say it would be done as a labour of love - the cost of repairing this would be way beyond the value of the car, the guy I bought it from had the intention of restoring it but after his mechanics looked at it he thought better of it and stuck it on eBay as spares.

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

So next step is to strip her down, garage base got delayed and is now due Tuesday, then a few weekends to build that and the fun can start!