Life after Zed

Stu350z

A guy at my work has a pearl white MPS (older and more tasteful shape) and it's a total weapon.

Just remember to get a 5 door. 3 doors with babies is a total nightmare!

I would seriously look at a mk5 r32 golf if you can. Even in 4 door its pretty meaty and very reliable

A guy at my work has a pearl white MPS (older and more tasteful shape) and it's a total weapon.

I would seriously look at a mk5 r32 golf if you can. Even in 4 door its pretty meaty and very reliable

Seen a nice R32 with the DSG box! Not my style!

Golf= :wheelchair:

:lol:

Seen a nice R32 with the DSG box! Not my style!

Golf= :wheelchair:

:lol:

lol my mate has one and it is probably my favourite sounding v6 engine. Miltek exhaust on it and its :cloud9:

The dsg is bloody fast aswell

You're a hard bugger to please.

A megane 225 5 door or a Focus ST 5 door then.

3 doors might look marginally better but they are in no way child friendly!

vauxhall astra sri 5 door 1.9cdti?

You're a hard bugger to please.

A megane 225 5 door or a Focus ST 5 door then.

3 doors might look marginally better but they are in no way child friendly!

vauxhall astra sri 5 door 1.9cdti?

I said no Diesels! :lol:

Seriously though the ST is really starting to look like the sensible option. Fast, fun, practical, isofix points, cheap to run. It really looks like it's going to be the winner! :thumbs:

what about one of these...

2802030-9.jpg

It's basically a more fun version of the golf. The 2.0L engine can be mapped to nearly 300Bhp without too much trouble, 5 doors, good build quality, and for £12K your be able to get a relatively new one :) I nearly bought the a brand new Cupra R at £25K to replace the Z.

what about one of these...

2802030-9.jpg

It's basically a more fun version of the golf. The 2.0L engine can be mapped to nearly 300Bhp without too much trouble, 5 doors, good build quality, and for £12K your be able to get a relatively new one :) I nearly bought the a brand new Cupra R at £25K to replace the Z.

I have been to view a white 08 mazda3 mps 22.5k £9995! quite nice! :thumbs: They had a red 57 leon cupra 28k £10995! looked ok! :yawn::lol:

Nic loved it! :thumbs: Always nice to keep the other half happy! ;)

• 1 month later...

Well guys I thought I'd just revive my old thread to keep some sence of order about it!

My Zed is now gone! :byebye:

My new mode of transport is..................... a Ford Mondeo ST TDCi! :teeth:

The Ford ST was in the short list but it wasn't till I had a test drive and worked out the potential savings I realised that a TDCi was the sensible option! She's a Panther Black 07 with 41k! (I'll post sum pics later!)

Now a K&N induction kit, stainless exhaust with DeCat and a Remap and were sorted! :teeth:

I've already fitted (last nite to be precise) some sexy LED's in the footwells and puddle lights!

A huge thanks to all the forum members who made Nic and I feel more than welcome everywhere! :thumbs: You all know who you are! ;)

Now if I can just get Nic to learn to drive I could get another Zed! (maybe a 370! :teeth: )

Once again cheers for all the banter and fun times! This Forum is the :king:

Stu

ps I'll keep poppin in from time to time just incase I'm allowed to join in any of the Hoon's!

• 8 months later...

Ooh, I missed this first time round...

Well guys I thought I'd just revive my old thread to keep some sence of order about it!

My Zed is now gone! :byebye:

Now a K&N induction kit, stainless exhaust with DeCat and a Remap and were sorted! :teeth:

Decat? On a diesel? Does it not sound enough like a tractor for you then?! ;););)

diesels don;t need a cat to pass an MOT and they are very easy to pull more power out of.

the ford above is meant to be a very good car, and great to drive. lots of pull, all the mondeo ST trimmings but can do at least 45 to the gallon not a bad compromise.

as for noise i've heard alot of these new diesels can sound quite fruity, and alot less agrigultural. i think they are better for sound if they have more than 4 cylinders.

i don't know if the modeo has one, but if it does a DPF removal is also worth doing, they kill MPG and with them gone there is more power and better MPG

(DPF = diesel particle filter (its designed to stop smoke from the exhaust it filters it out, and then on a long drive the engine purges the filter with fuel and burns it off)) again not needed to pass an MOT. ;) and when they break which they often do they aren't cheap to replace, but a DPF removal is alot cheaper.

It's a four-pot diesel. It sounds like a bag of nails. A decat would make it sound more like a bag of nails. Couldn't care how much extra power it put out, I wouldn't want that clattery chatter amplified any more than was possible.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd keep posting my modding progress on the ST in my old thread, so far she got...........

Custom S/S zorst (including decat) courtesy of Simons@EK

utf-8BUGljc0FydF8xMzM5ODczMTkwNDQwLmpwZw.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

The CAT's on Fleabay right now (There is no DPF)..........

IMAG0079.jpg

K&N 57i CAI with custom S/S Induction Box......

2011-11-20111950-2.jpg

inductionbox-1.jpg

ToyoSport FMIC......

2011-12-16144759-1.jpg

Forge Silcone Boost Hoses.....

PICT1059-1.jpg

And finally some BlackEyes (Dont really make it any faster but they look quite cool).....

IMAG0020.jpg

She currently running at just under 200bhp/380ft/lb of torque........ Pretty decent for a Derv IMHO :D