Real world MPG.......

manphibian

I thought some of you were exaggerating with the mpg figures as mine showed 26.0 when I bought it and had slowly crept up to 26.2!

I reset it today at the start of a rather long drive and at a steady indicated 75-80mph it was pushing 35 mpg! It was still over 34 for the whole trip, which including a bit of hoonage once off the motorway. I'm actually quite shocked, but in a good way.

• 3 weeks later...
does a d1 controller thingy bring about any better mpg results??

If you set it right. All it does is dull your throttle inputs, so if you are constantly on and off the throttle it will average it out a bit. Nothing you couldnt do with good throttle finesse ;)

does a d1 controller thingy bring about any better mpg results??

If you set it right. All it does is dull your throttle inputs, so if you are constantly on and off the throttle it will average it out a bit. Nothing you couldnt do with good throttle finesse ;)

The best controller is very cheap - your right foot :lol:

If you are concerned about mpg just get into 6th gear asap, even by-passing lower gears on the way if the conditions suit using the minimum revs -the great torque of the 350/370 engine will make that relatively easy.

Although why anyone buys a ZED and wants to cut mpg rather than enjoying its V6 is :doh: