Tyre profiles on a 9.5j wheel

ric

I dont really have any pictures, but I run 9.5" all round.

I run 265 35 19 in front and 285 35 19 rear. This is keeping it within the tolerance so that there are no traction control problems. ect

The 245 is a little stretched but not a lot and the 285 sits on the rim square.

Hi Beau,

Cheers for the reply. I will be running 9.5" all round as well, so will be doing similar (staggering the tyre widths). If you could get any pictures of how the tyres sit on the rim, that would be amazing.

Likewise, if anyone has any other profiles for reference, that would be great.

Thanks again,

Hi Beau,

Cheers for the reply. I will be running 9.5" all round as well, so will be doing similar (staggering the tyre widths). If you could get any pictures of how the tyres sit on the rim, that would be amazing.

Likewise, if anyone has any other profiles for reference, that would be great.

Thanks again,

Ok, This is the front one!

DSC04819.jpg

and the rear

DSC04806.jpg

what size are your wheels?

20", although I'm looking into how stretched the tyre sits over the edge of the rim, so I don't *think* actual wheel size comes into it too much...

Cheers,

more so then you would think, you would need to go for a smaller profile with a 20" rim then a 19" rim to keep the rolling radius the same. For example 18"= 40 19"= 35 20"= 30. More or less strech would be more affected by the width :)

Most definately. Spent a little of works time ( :lol: ) the other day putting a spreadsheet together that calculated rolling radius', side wall heights etc for the different tyres.

I just wanted to make sure the profile on the rim wouldn't look silly before making the purchase!

Will check out the link, cheers!

That is one hell of an awesome link, cheers mate. Its making it difficult to choose though.

I think 215/35's are a little too stretched:

1231566170.jpg

225/35's look close to being nice suited:

25z7dps.jpg

235/35's look good:

1284167319.jpg

245/35's (To me, this is where they start to look "normal" tyres on wheels, if that makes sense?)

izp02g.jpg

255/35's:

1231999759.jpg

Am thinking 225/35 on the front with either 245/35 or 255/35 on the back. Hmmm decisions decisions! :bang:

lets not start the stretched tyre's arguement, we all know most people on here don't like it.

Stretch varies depending on tyre manufacturer too remember, a pilot sport will look more stretched than a dunlop gt tyre in the same size for example.

i'd go 235 front 255 rear