Bose CD player always skipping

marksman45

Does anyone have the same problems with their Bose system?

We bought our Z about a year ago and when the car is cold or its been damp outside the CD player always skips when playing either backups or originals.

it seems to get better on hot days or when the car as been driven for a while. I have used a not abrasive cleaner but its still the same.

Does anyone have any ideas? either that or I will fit something else in there, but I don't want to spoil the look of the car, because to me once you start changing everything then its no longer a Z if you get my meaning.

search is your friend :lol:

This is a very common problem. There was guys on here who used to repair them. R35 LEE from falcon performance used to do them, Dont know if he still does.

Someone tried to solve it with opening it up and putting the little silica gel packs in them. I dont know what the end result was though

:thumbs:

Just do the ipod hack.......problem solved :thumbs:

I just use the oldschool tape deck with the lead lol. I like my cd player as I have got alot of albums which are on cd which i just leave in the car.

Yeah I have the tape that plugs into the ipod, however I still would like the use of the normal stereo system.

So I take it there was never a recall then, because surely if everyone had taken the car back for the same problem the supplier would have to

react accordingly.

So what is the actual fault with it then, not sealed correctly and allowing damp etc?

Could look at it and see what I can do to resolve the problem myself

if necessay although I wouldn't want to damage the dash trying to take it out lol.

it is condensation on the lens, the only repair is a new CD unit inside the Bose. the only person able to source these is R35LEE but I believe he is a bit busy at the moment. You can always try throwing him a PM and see if he replies.

If you want the Bose aux in mod done You can do it yourself reading here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176&hilit=bose+hack+guide

or I can do it for you, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=49273

Thanks for the info husky, however it is easier to just buy the tape that has the ipod cable attached, insert it into the tape deck, plug it in the ipod or phone set a station on your radio once you pick up the ipod all done lol, i must say your detailed walk through is very good.

Thanks for helping buddy, think i will put up with it for the time being,

yeah your right forgot that, not used it for ages lol. know what you mean about tapes, i still have a few metal ones as in the case not music.

made by tdk i think.

do they still sell tapes. :p

hahaha i have all my grandads old jazz tapes he made up for me when i was a kid :lol:

Jazz, ya fossle lol.

Well off to work, nothing like the nightshift.

Thanks for all yor help guys.

haha cant beat a bit of boogie woogie lol.... i'll fossile ye! I'm a youngster at 23 :p:lol:

I get issues too, skipping, though I have twigged when to play cds ie when it is dry. However what hacks me off is 10 seconds after I start a cd the left speakers cut out. Though the radio works fine...very odd.

That problem is to do with the ribbon cables that run from the CD unit to the audio outputs. There is a fix on here involving stripping the whole unit.

I did it and it lasted 6 months before it went back to left speaker cut out. IMHO the BOSE unit is utter gash so I Ipod hacked mine and now have a Nano which lives in the car.

No more speaker cut out or skipping issues :thumbs:

I was the person that tried to fix the skipping with Silica gel. I just shoved a few of the little packets that you find in shoes into the tape deck.

Have had it in for almost a year and while it does not totally fix the problem, its a MASSIVE improvement.

On really rainy days (Like today) it can play up a bit, but most days its fine.

Give it a try.

Ipod hack looks great, but looks beyond my (very) limited mechanical expertise.

I don't think it's that hard, but way past my lazy energy levels. :lol:

Husky offers a service to do it, see the Akari Designs member trader forum. :thumbs: