Performance Exhaust

Nick U

I want to fit an aftermarket exhaust to the my car, for both performance and the sound. Anyone got any suggestions or know any companys who have a few to choose from. Also has anyone had the Nismo exhaust fitted, would love to know what that sounds like compared to the standard one.

Hi there

the Nismo exhaust (made by Weldina) sounds quite good! good quality stuff too.

There's a host of other possibilities too, to name but a few Invidia N1 and G200, Borla, Milltek, Fujitsubo, injen Hks etc. The list goes on....

Have a look at the Exhaust section on our partner's site ZWikipedia on www.350z-tech.com : good info there!

I have a Milltek SS exchaust coupled with Kinetix Hi-flow cats and it sounds quite nice now :)

Nick. Depends on what sound you want from your car. If you still want hear yourself think then go Nismo or Milltek. If you want to get noticed big time go Invidia.

My advice is try to listen to some ones car who has an after market exhaust fitted first as sound clips can be decieving. ;)

Guest prescience

Not at all - drowns out and/or complements the S/C whine and BOV a treat.

the wife kept looking out alarmed when we were out just after I got S/C done and when asked she said 'keep hearing a police siren' - it was the S/C :lol:

women eh? ;)

Collections in work. Have some sound clips:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:Dua ... st_Systems

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Part:Exhaust_Systems

I personally have the HKS Hi Power Dual Exhaust. I couldnt be happier with it. I previosly had the Borla dual exhaust and did not like it.

toykilla - that hi power HKS "titanium" sounds AWESOME on that website - is that what you have installed? Where did you have it fitted and what was the cost, if you dont mind my asking?

Al

The kit that Val (TheMinel) has fitted sounds lovely. Had the pleasure of hearing it first hand (as did the neighbours ;) ).

Not over the top during idle or regular driving, but sounded great uner load/acceleration. Had a quick drive to the pub, and could hear it over my standard set-up when we accelerated..

I went with the borla, and was no impressed with the fitment, quality, or sound. I took it off after 2 weeks and sold it. I then purchased the HKS exhaust and could not be more pleased. The sound is amazing. Fit and finish are superb. It is quiet when cruising, but when you mash the pedal, it screams!

I went with the borla, and was no impressed with the fitment, quality, or sound. I took it off after 2 weeks and sold it. I then purchased the HKS exhaust and could not be more pleased. The sound is amazing. Fit and finish are superb. It is quiet when cruising, but when you mash the pedal, it screams!

What did it cost you/where did yuo haev it fitted please? Is it the same sound as on that website?

Oh sorry, I missed your question earlier. I purchased the HKS exhaust from www.intensepower.com. In case you do not know, I live in the US. The exhaust sounds very similar to the video/audio clips on my website. Those are what convinced me to buy it. It is one of the more expensive exhausts out there (besides titanium) and around 100-200 US dollars more than the APS exhaust.