Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

unluckily for me, the phrase 'I need NOS' is one that i keep hearing the 'dark passenger' inside whispering :wacko:

Im ruined :headhurt:

Very nice car, and great build story.. to see this in a forum garage will be good ;)

NeilP has recently moved over to the dark side, so why not more people. It's not the whole hog FI, and it's one step beyond N/a.

I think you should both man up & get blown, then use the laughing gas for a little chilling ;)

On a tangent to NOS, I was having a play with my mazda yesterday & decided to create a new map, " The meth map" :scare: now running 20% meth in the fuel tank, & a progressive 100% meth injection 110cc per minute on boost. took a while to get the fueling & ignition right but my god its quick. :drive1 :drive1 with all that extra cooling & higher octane I`ve been able to advance the timing 6deg of the stock setup & run boost :scare: Now does anyone know if theres an easy way to advance the ignition on the zed? ;)

Ruddles - Cheers fella - how's those spats coming along, have you got them fitted yet?

They're round the corner from me being painted currently, but I'm fine waiting as I've a few things coming my way so I'll put them all on together then I can wind the coily's down a bit more too! :teeth::teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Great car buddy. Very Inspirational write up too, ive just got an azure 350 which is currently stock so it's great to see what they can be like!

If you ever want to sell those wheels please let me know and i'll snap them up!

Cheers

Ross

• 5 months later...

Okay so it's been a while since a modification, although after the previous painted body kit being fitted and the paint not matching the oem paint, the car has since come back to me from a holiday at RT Performance.

Something Taras found out, and to my surprise..... He used 4 suppliers for obtaining B17 (Azure) - painted 4 panels of plastic which would represent the bodywork. He showed me the examples and each sample was different to the others, so 4 suppliers providing ONE paint code, yet the finish resulted in 4 different shades!!!!! So for all you people out there thinking about having your bodykit painted or oem body panels, make sure your sprayer is aware of potential supplier differences.

So... now that she's painted I guess you want to see the results..... I am dead pleased with the match and how it should now look. Okay they are just driveway pics, so sometime soon I'll be getting her out to have an improved backdrop photoshoot.

IMG_5812.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

Comments regarding the finished paintwork welcome :thumbs: Some may notice the bars on the front bumper are now Azure instead of Black.

So.... what's next?

Well, the NOS has been sold to Keyser, which will pave the way for a future mod which I think I am a whiskers hair away from completing a deal. There are some small cosmetic interior mods from SpursMadDave which will be fitted by the end of the weekend and I'll post pics thereafter.

I like :thumbs:

but

why is the front plate offset ?

I have the Nismo V2 air scoop to the right of the plate, so that's the best I could do without making it look really daft. Reason for location was because I don't want to drill holes into the bumper to mount the plate, neither do I like those stick on plates. It's not the best but it'll do :shrug:

I like :thumbs:

but

why is the front plate offset ?

I have the Nismo V2 air scoop to the right of the plate, so that's the best I could do without making it look really daft. Reason for location was because I don't want to drill holes into the bumper to mount the plate, neither do I like those stick on plates. It's not the best but it'll do :shrug:

gotcha :thumbs: ... you need a shorter plate ..... how about A7TAK ?

awesome looking car mate B) .....must still get round to doing the photo at some time m8 :thumbs:

Agreed need a mini photoshoot :thumbs:

Cheers guys for the comments, it's better than some saying hmmm nice but under their breath saying 'his friggin paint don't match'

So I'm glad it's finally done!

• 2 months later...

Thought it was time for an update with the recent modifications.

Engine Bay Bolts - Red (Tarmac Sportz)

Before

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

After

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

Suspension - Meister R Coilovers (Jabbles), Eibach Camber/Toe arms, New Drop Links and Super Pro Eccentric front Camber Bush purchased and fitted, including alignment - (Horsham Developments)

8255ad8f.jpg

4c63aee2.jpg

98cc9d1f.jpg

2cc636e5.jpg

77b4e979.jpg

27857530.jpg

Rear adjustment extenders taken through the rear strut by the gents at the Zed Shed (Chris & Bob)

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

A new decal from Mr Biscuit

IMG_5949.jpg

New Engine Cover and a new decal courtesy of the Zed Shed :thumbs:

DSCF1344.jpg

NOS has been removed - to make way for a superchager (sometime in the future - once I find one!!)

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

OBD2 Wifi Link Installed - iPhone with screenshots. This shows some of the screens available on the dashboard of the App, along with other areas of the App showing fault codes, and many other readings. I've yet to setup some of the other settings within the App so that I can get fuel readings and other information currently not showing

IMG_6195.jpg

3c2355aa.jpg

d511e27b.jpg

00eb4e67.jpg

37edbcf0.jpg

d75b2072.jpg

40ac8907.jpg

a0b2d51d.jpg

1080275e.jpg

New LED side lights

Before

IMG_6158.jpg

After

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

New rear carbon strut brace cover

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

And to finish off, a new 350z Tax Disk Holder from Spursmaddave (yes Dave still have other bits to fit) ;)

IMG_6192.jpg

thumbs.gif need to let us know how the new suspension feels? did the rear adjustment screws fit perfectly through the holes already in the rear strut bar?

Feels great to be honest, very solid. I think it ranges from 0-34 steps on the stiffness. I have it set to 9 front and 10 rear, and that's on the softer side which is still really firm. Set it to max and christ, suspension, what's that!!! scared.gif

Cornering is fantastic, and mixed with my lower compression bushes and ARB bushes from Superpro - it makes for great road holding and feel in the corners.

(Pics moved from above - picture post restrictions)

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

OBD2 Wifi Link Installed - iPhone with screenshots. This shows some of the screens available on the dashboard of the App, along with other areas of the App showing fault codes, and many other readings. I've yet to setup some of the other settings within the App so that I can get fuel readings and other information currently not showing

IMG_6195.jpg

3c2355aa.jpg

d511e27b.jpg

00eb4e67.jpg

37edbcf0.jpg

d75b2072.jpg

40ac8907.jpg

a0b2d51d.jpg

1080275e.jpg

New LED side lights

Before

IMG_6158.jpg

After

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

New rear carbon strut brace cover

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

And to finish off, a new 350z Tax Disk Holder from Spursmaddave (yes Dave still have other bits to fit) wink.gif

IMG_6192.jpg

Edited by Wasso

Looking very cool Wasso B) Just wondered, where did you get your original black carbon engine cover from? There seems to be a massive variation in price of the ones I've found on the internet, so don't want to end up with a piece of crap one!

The engine cover you see there is Blue carbon, which I've taken off to replace with a Red carbon cover.

The reason the prices vary so much is due to the quality. Both my Red and Blue I believe we're made by an ex member Carbon Coops. The problem with these is they don't last forever as the carbon will lift a little due to the temps from the engine.

You pay for quality and that's why there's such a difference in prices.

Cheers for the comments :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Time for a fresh update - its been two months and since I'm not working I may as well work on the car.

Step one was to re-polish my plenum, and whilst I was at it I decided to do my ARC Intake and removed my GT Spec Strut to return a polished OEM Strut bar.

Before

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

After

b34591e4.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

IMG_6979.jpg

ad6fbe0f.jpg

6fcc0611.jpg

Then whilst I was there I thought about starting to polish my Timing Cover. I've only polished part of the left side but to give you a comparison I've photo'd the left and right sides.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

The rest will be completed in due course.

Then I installed my new Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir (iPhone pics sorry - I'll post better pics at a later date)

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

The Mishimoto Power Steering will go on soon, and will update accordingly.

New Carbon Battery and Brake Fluid Surrounds courtesy of Introspect

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

'some' of my engine bay bolts added. Still have plenum and strut to replace.

c7604012.jpg

6fdfefed.jpg

Also added one of my new Tommy K badges, one on the rear strut is fitted, the boot one is causing issues as the boot isn't flat so I need to source some foam backed double sided tape.

Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Items to add tomorrow:

Nardi Handbrake Cover with custom red stitched Alcantara handbrake and gear boots.

Ready to install

ARC V2 Catch can, just waiting on vacuum breather cap.

Awaiting Parts:

Red Samco Air Intake joints

Remainder of Pro Bolts

Red Brake Callipers

Rare JDM Engine Cover

Earls Braided Hoses to replace the horrible black oem pipes

As a lot of this is preparation for Wales there will be further updates :thumbs:

• Like 1