Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

So glad I didn't play that vid you sent me on the phone - sounds awesome :cloud9:

2 things -

1 - The engine didn't jump out :yahoo:

2 - The exhaust held together :yahoo:

Although I recon the zorst may have held together more due to your heat shield wrapping skills rather than my welding skills :lol:

• Like 1

Engine is totally stock. The only custom item so to speak would be the exhaust and being decated. Items such as plenum and headers would provide additional gains but you're looking at £1.5k. CAMS would give you the best benefit which would breach 500 horse. Although I'd rather just go for FI, either SC or turbo. As long as you don't go mad you can get away with stock internals and achieve 650 horse all day long. Therefore going mad is +650, in which internals are advised. Although heading into internals you're looking at cranking 800+!!

That's some great potential then, ...keep it as stock and then when you get bored it's fairly easy to get some crazy power then by the sounds of it. Not that 450Bhp isn't awesome already though. :teeth:B):yahoo:

Couldn't agree agree more. I may completely stay with how it is, just can't wait 'experience' what it has to offer.

Chris, we aren't totally out the woods. Clutch is still a small issue, they suspect the slave. Still they are managing to drive it, all be it with a bit of coaxing.

100% with you on that Ian. There was at one point not so long ago, we counted how much parts, engine and car would be worth stripping. This was rock bottom! You just can't buy the parts you need, especially when something is totally custom. I've learnt wholely that engine swaps are not for the faint hearted. It's nearly 2 years now, I was impatient in the first year but as year two started (delays due to Z Shed 2 and family matters) there was just no point hurrying. The wait has made it all that more exciting. Although if you have no patience, then engine swaps aren't advised.

Hopefully she will be back for Christmas and commence items such as brakes and diff in the new year.

Thanks for the comments they are really appreciated :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anymore updates coming on this beauty .... :snack:

Not just yet, Chris has been rebuilding his Radical over since October (I think). You know what he's like, a small crack or broken wire and it turns into a full blow strip to the bone job! Oh and a new engine, turbo, electronics...... so I've had to pend in the "waiting room". It's a good thing because I've managed to recover my weakening bank balance over that time.

POA is to resume in the next couple of weeks, so there should be further updates soon. There's not a great deal to do mechanically now, although new diff, brakes etc are likely to go on soon. Bodywork will need finishing and then onto a MOT I guess.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, luving the build thread :thumbs: Its gonna be aweeeeeeeeeeesome :D

That I do hope. Should be refreshing to drive her, it's been over 2 years since I drove her. Totally forgotten what it's like, might need fresh boxers! :scare:

• Like 1

That I do hope. Should be refreshing to drive her, it's been over 2 years since I drove her. Totally forgotten what it's like, might need fresh boxers! :scare:

Well I started her up yesterday just to keep everything sweet - that noise :cloud9: (I may of had a moment :blush: )

I drove it last year (mostly sideways) :drive1: we have to revisit the clutch upgrade the brakes as above, sort an air inlet/filter put a front bumper on Wasso needs to put his ipad/music/touchscreen/whatever dash back together then down for MOT assuming it passes that it's all cosmetic bits and any problems that arise after we take it to Castle Comb and rag the life out of it (if we can get passed noise as it bloomin LOUD!)

If we pass MOT I would say Wasso should be grinning this summer and to be fair he has waited a while :lol:

• Like 7

Well I started her up yesterday just to keep everything sweet - that noise :cloud9: (I may of had a moment :blush: )

I drove it last year (mostly sideways) :drive1: we have to revisit the clutch upgrade the brakes as above, sort an air inlet/filter put a front bumper on Wasso needs to put his ipad/music/touchscreen/whatever dash back together then down for MOT assuming it passes that it's all cosmetic bits and any problems that arise after we take it to Castle Comb and rag the life out of it (if we can get passed noise as it bloomin LOUD!)

If we pass MOT I would say Wasso should be grinning this summer and to be fair he has waited a while :lol:

Ha ha the dash is a cosmetic post MOT, especially as the amp and processor are in the Alfa. In fact that's nearly all finished now. May drive Suzi without music for a while..... don't think I'll need any form of 'music'.

Yeah Chris did come back with a large :teeth: after giving it some beans!

Track WILL be an issue for many reasons, might have to affix some custom mufflers to soften the noise.

Chris don't forget to reply to my email :)

• 3 weeks later...

Evening.... update for this weekend, which came as a little surprise from Mr Keyser, and whilst he was just slowly walking round the car with a cup of coffee and fag, said "Well Wass, sort the clutch, fit the brakes, cut version 4 of the gear stick, put the plastics back, measure out the air intake for parts - we should be able to book her in for a MOT". To hear those magical words MOT only means one thing, she's finally near the end.

Chris once again delivering a sterling job to fix the most awkward of issues, went straight ahead to deal with the air in the clutch. Bleed the system and things are already looking up. Next were the brakes, as the old disks were knackered and really didn't have to justify putting the refurbished Ksports on as they look bloody amazing. Front and rears below:

E27C4B7F-0C6F-495B-AD9C-F71A847F72B8_zpslkjuanpi.jpg

25FAF636-C093-4C61-A9E6-95BFA1F4417D_zps5du7uivt.jpg

1B2BC38C-0D55-4E9D-B6BA-CA2C1D52EBB0_zpsmhoftzsb.jpg

AAC4AB63-5C59-4239-9298-A963347B416F_zpselbtpw8h.jpg

We took measurements for the air intake, which is going to be a really tight fit. This evening has therefore been spent hunting down custom parts ready for delivery by the weekend.

Chris then set to work on adjusting the gear stick, especially as it was knocking against the gear surround. An hour of cutting, milling, welding, grinding and smoothing he created a new version a little longer but now sweet as a nut! Not only that but the air in the clutch seems to have all but gone, and the gear changes are now second to none. Also had to source a new battery as my old one was now 11 years old and completely knackered.

As I sold my old Nismo V2 front bumper, I'm now rocking a OEM front end, and it doesn't look too bad actually - paint match is almost bang on ha ha!

Put all the plastics back together inside the car, hoovered up, mats back in, dash put back together. This just left us the easy part of washing her - which has been long overdue.

Items left for MOT

Attach wiper arms

Re-fit engine plastics

Registration plate to be fitted

Items post MOT

Arrange for Kazz Diff to be setup and then fitted

Wheels to be sent down from Tarmac Sportz! (including Amuse front bumper)

New wheel nuts, old ones are looking a bit shabby

To conclude and after a number of times starting the car - I cannot explain the sound and the aura of this damn V8 - the noise if fecking insane!!!! Ultimately the journey is nearing the end from what once was a cold January 2 years ago, working in ZShed 1, with a group of other forum members feeling challenged by the commencement of this build. 2 years on and I'm kinda sad that it's almost over, and throughout this journey it's been fantastic working with Chris and his family.

Although it's not quite over - further updates to come.... which there will be plenty as the final transformations (cosmetic) will proceed very soon.

Final pic of her just waiting to be driven and abused!

C50E4B42-F610-4A27-BD1D-44FF88D9303A_zpsh54fsraz.jpg

• Like 14