Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

Hey Sam, no confirmed date yet. Although next Monday is the Dyno day and I'll be taking the day off to head over there to see how it goes. If you are free and want to head over we could meet up (Thetford).

They still have things for completion this wee like the race dash, and to get over the alternator charging issue. The date could therefore move. Should know by the end of the week. :thumbs:

Not yet, she was scheduled to hit the Dyno on Monday coming but due to a fuel fire on a Rally Spec Sierra Cosworth, they're having to redecorate!

Here's their place before the fire.

43A8F5BD-D1A9-47A4-98BC-1275818419A9_zpsjoqgdrp6.jpg

FFE25FA7-4398-46E3-BB02-B1C5F66992FE_zpsggu7a0ed.jpg

And here's today

6A54FF9E-D6E8-4D1E-8E57-4375A6373836_zps2rmsm2mj.jpg

86831B34-F5CC-4133-A76F-9BACEEC4F721_zpscxjaj6fo.jpg

So there's a short delay at present. No big deal, just means a little longer and I'm sure the days will fly by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers peeps, it's super exciting, but mostly glad everything works as it should. The LS swap guys in America have had serious issues getting the tacho to work. It seems Emerald are one step ahead and managed to get it running with no issues at all.

I'm hoping to get her back down to Dorset before the end of 2016. Then on to the final stage items.

BBK fitting

Kazz diff fitting

Cosmetics

Fix any other issues

MOT and then enjoy.... hopefully in time for spring.

• Like 1

Don't forget a an air intake ;)

Sounds good - thought it would be louder to be honest mind you they didn't rev her hard (I Will :drive1: )

Keep me in the loop have her finished soon :thumbs:

I'm actually contemplating Mad Max style just but the bonnet up :lol:

Agreed it was a bit of a 'half hearted' throttle blip. His phone/video quality wasn't the best that's for sure.

Going to ring them later this afternoon to see when it's ready to collect. Need to sort the diff out if we can as discussed previously.

Fresh update. Today she had a play on the Dyno. On a baseline map before tuning she delivered at the fly 450bhp and 544nm (401lbft). I don't expect a huge difference after the tune, but to say the least I'm super happy with the starting point.

(Orange line is the Torque curve, well, it doesn't really curve much :lol: )

2C0DDF26-E310-4024-AFDB-82CDD83229B1_zps69u7vkoa.jpg

And a video - with a further video next week after tuning and hopefully whilst on full chat!

• Like 4

That's a nice figure mate. Is the engine stockish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine is totally stock. The only custom item so to speak would be the exhaust and being decated. Items such as plenum and headers would provide additional gains but you're looking at £1.5k. CAMS would give you the best benefit which would breach 500 horse. Although I'd rather just go for FI, either SC or turbo. As long as you don't go mad you can get away with stock internals and achieve 650 horse all day long. Therefore going mad is +650, in which internals are advised. Although heading into internals you're looking at cranking 800+!!

Engine is totally stock. The only custom item so to speak would be the exhaust and being decated. Items such as plenum and headers would provide additional gains but you're looking at £1.5k. CAMS would give you the best benefit which would breach 500 horse. Although I'd rather just go for FI, either SC or turbo. As long as you don't go mad you can get away with stock internals and achieve 650 horse all day long. Therefore going mad is +650, in which internals are advised. Although heading into internals you're looking at cranking 800+!!

That's some great potential then, ...keep it as stock and then when you get bored it's fairly easy to get some crazy power then by the sounds of it. Not that 450Bhp isn't awesome already though. :teeth:B):yahoo:

• Like 1