Air Con Re-Gassing, Where's the Low Pressure Port?

im00

Only I fancy doing it myself as you can get the cans of EZ Chill from car accessory shops or e-bay for about £17 I believe - and this will do 2 cars.

There's a You-Tube video of how to do it here and it seems REALLY simple, like blowing up a tyre:

Anywho...anyone know where the port is (to plug the can into) on a 350z?

A picture would be handy if anybody has one.

I got mine re-gassed for free :blush: otherwise I wouldn't have got it done, I don't even use it! I reckon the £40-£60 normally charged is excessive unless you are a heavy A/C user.

always worth keeping the aircon on or using it regularly. It prevents it from seizing up, keeping the seals in good order and helps prevent mold build up

I got mine re-gassed for free :blush: otherwise I wouldn't have got it done, I don't even use it! I reckon the £40-£60 normally charged is excessive unless you are a heavy A/C user.

always worth keeping the aircon on or using it regularly. It prevents it from seizing up, keeping the seals in good order and helps prevent mold build up

Plus it idles better and stops the car almost stalling when its off

Plus it idles better and stops the car almost stalling when its off

I've never understood how I keep the A/C constantly switched on. Obviously I keep the A/C button pressed (orange light showing), what temperature, aim and speed to I keep it on? Whenever I leave the A/C switched on when I don't need it, the car either ends up getting too cold or too warm, I can neevr keep it on without getting irritaqted by it if you know what I mean :wacko:

That's the reason why I've stopped using it unless I need to, due to temp or condensation. I've always wanted to use it to smooth out the idle but cannot find the right setting to stop it irritating me by changes in temperature.

Can I not leave the A/C on without having the fan activated?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain!

Many thanks,

Hassan

Cant remember which button it is the press, but its the one marked AC - just press it so that the light is on. The AC will fire itself when needed. If you set it to a temp it should keep it there, not blowing hot and cold, that suggests you have a problem - most likely the heater core has air in it.

Cant remember which button it is the press, but its the one marked AC - just press it so that the light is on. The AC will fire itself when needed. If you set it to a temp it should keep it there, not blowing hot and cold, that suggests you have a problem - most likely the heater core has air in it.

Oh yeah I do press the AC button on the right knob, you hear a swoosh near when it first kicks in. So with regards to the speed, do I keep it on 'Auto' or on minimum (just above the auto option)? And also do I keep the direction of air on auto as well or on a specific part of the car i.e. the windscreen or face? Is it recommended to keep the setting on re-circulation or the other option? I'll try stick the temp on 16/17, see if that keeps it at a more comfortable level.

I thought cold a/c air only gets blown through if you're set at below a certain temp?

Speed and direction are entirely up to you, the AC compressor just kicks in when its needed, neither of these two limit that, its having the AC light on that counts.

For re-circ - press and hold the recirc button (the one with two lights on it in the centre) until they flash twice. It is now set to auto-recirc and will enable re-circ when it thinks it needs to. If you override it, you will need to do press and hold again to get it back into auto.

Speed and direction are entirely up to you, the AC compressor just kicks in when its needed, neither of these two limit that, its having the AC light on that counts.

For re-circ - press and hold the recirc button (the one with two lights on it in the centre) until they flash twice. It is now set to auto-recirc and will enable re-circ when it thinks it needs to. If you override it, you will need to do press and hold again to get it back into auto.

Ahh thanks :thumbs: I've always wondered how you activate auto-recirculation! I will set it all up when I finish work and get into the car, the lumpy idle can get annoying at times!

I just keep mine on auto and temp set to 20. setting the temp to 16/17 will have the aircon on all the time to maintain that temperature

I'll set the temp at 20 degrees, keep the speed on minimum and set it on auto-recirculation. Hopefully that'll sort it out :teeth:

I've always wondered how you keep the A/C on constantly without it beginning to irritate, now I know how to set it!

Thanks guys, I will let you know how I get on :thumbs:

When the car is started in the morning and warming up, does having the A/C on have an adverse effect on anything during the warming up period?

Do you switch the A/C off every time you switch the car off or do you leave it on at all times so it switches on when you turn the ignition on?

Right...I got it done at Kwik Fit yesterday for £50 as I couldn't be arsed waiting for the stuff to arrive from e-bay and then fouling it up myself :lol:

They managed to get the temp down to 3.5 degrees C (Yep 3.5 degrees C on the gauge read-out) from 4.5c. Only 1 degree but well over a 10% improvement throughout the temp range.

They take the measurement by blocking all of the vents except 1 and sticking the gauge in that one.

They were most impressed. Apparently its VERY rare to get a reading of 3.5c and he has only ever seen a few 'German Jobs' get close with 3.5c to 4c readings (but usually nowhere near it).

The pressure gauge indicated that I'd lost over 50% of my 'coolant' even though I was getting readings of 4.5c.

Not to shabby eh chaps.