Zeds Replacment

morgan25

Well after a wonderful years ownership of the 350Z i decided to move on to something a tad less compromised Well at least in some areas.

One last picture of the Zed before its departure.

DSC02868.jpg

And now onto its replacement.

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

Its a Lexus GS450h Sport and god dam its good

Well the hybrid is more to do with power than saving the world it feels like a supercharger, its as quick as my Zed which was a 313 but a hole lot more refined it comes with Satnav, DVD, 14 speaker stereo, adaptive, headlights, smartkey, Adaptive suspension, Adaptive stabilizers, rear camera, parking guides, and more acronyms than you can say in one breath. To be honest it would be easier to say what it does not come with.

The handling was strange at first for a big heavy car its quite nibble and stays very flat throw the bends, the ECVT gearbox takes some getting used to as the car never revs to above its peak power which is not a problem because you can not hear the bloody thing anyway. The refinement is second to none only thing you can hear in the car is the tyres and they are muted. The car does not have a rev counter but a power meter in KW which it has 253 of which is 340bhp. At the moment its average mpg is 32mpg and thats mixed A,B road and urban driving in the Zed over the same roads i was getting 22mpg. The only down side is the small Boot as the batteries take up most of the space i would say it is around the same size as the Zeds but more of a boot shape and no bridge in the middle.

The power delivery takes some getting use to as you get instant Torque for example a rolling start off roundabout at half throttle it throws you back in your seat to the point where you get to the apex way to quickly but it just adds to the charm.

The power meter

DSC03049.jpg

Rear cabin

DSC03045.jpg

Front cabin

DSC03052.jpg

I know about the Lexus Hybrid.... Keeps the greenies happy but we know the truth. My old man looked at a fairly LS600h recently, same idea. ;)

I had an IS before my Zed. Bought it when I was a whipper snapper and really enjoyed it.

Looks nice. Best of luck keeping the interior the colour it is now. :headhurt: It's not the easiest thing to do.

APC and Gliptone is your friend!

I have looked after my Dads previous Jag XJ with Ivory leather and his Range Rover had the lightest leather they do too..... He wears jeans a lot...... Nightmare!!!!!

A little rub with APC and a good going over with Gliptone and it looks brandnew.

APC is an All Purpose Cleaner. The leather MUST be fed after using it.

To be honest for a regular maintenance clean the gliptone cleaner followed by conditioner is more than sufficient. Smells great too!