wiper blades

Dano190485

right this is where my geek hat gets well and truly welded to my head. :blush:

i am a very avid fan of PIAA wipers; used them on the zed and the Stook and always been happy. my new car needs wipers and just out of interest i thought i'd do a little web research and see what i found. just to see if there was an auto test to prove that i was right with my choice even though they were a little more expensive than other makes.

i found this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... _test.html

the PIAA stuff was rated near the bottom and the new aero style ones seem to be the route forward. specifically the bosche areo twin and the Valeo Silencio X.TRM

so i have just ordered a retro fit set of bosch aero twins to try them out.

now if i'm honest my last set of PIAA seemed to drop in performance quicker than the last set. and i also wasn't that impressed with their screen protect which didn't seem as good as the rainex i use as well. so i've gone back to rainex fully and i'm also trying their rainex wiper fluid additive.

the last thing i'll add is that wipers are great but they are at their best when combined with a good screen protect. i find that the water then beads off and you hardly have to use the wipers at all. this was very apparent when i drove my new car back which didn't have anthing on the screen and the wipers needed replacing. visibility was shocking.

another screen protect that might be worth a try is duxback; i've seen it in halfords auto centre and this stuff has come from the aviation sector where they use it on aircraft windscreens. and apparently its meant to be better than rainex. but you have to go to the auto centre to have it appled, and at £30 i'm happy to stick with my rainex which came to £10 for the 2 bottles.

I have had PIAA wipers on on for the last 2 years, I would say that over the last 8-10 months they have got much worse. Lucky its not really been raining much recently :lol:

I will be going for the Aero ones I think, nearly half the price of PIAA :thumbs:

right this is where my geek hat gets well and truly welded to my head. :blush:

i am a very avid fan of PIAA wipers; used them on the zed and the Stook and always been happy. my new car needs wipers and just out of interest i thought i'd do a little web research and see what i found. just to see if there was an auto test to prove that i was right with my choice even though they were a little more expensive than other makes.

i found this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/p ... _test.html

the PIAA stuff was rated near the bottom and the new aero style ones seem to be the route forward. specifically the bosche areo twin and the Valeo Silencio X.TRM

so i have just ordered a retro fit set of bosch aero twins to try them out.

now if i'm honest my last set of PIAA seemed to drop in performance quicker than the last set. and i also wasn't that impressed with their screen protect which didn't seem as good as the rainex i use as well. so i've gone back to rainex fully and i'm also trying their rainex wiper fluid additive.

the last thing i'll add is that wipers are great but they are at their best when combined with a good screen protect. i find that the water then beads off and you hardly have to use the wipers at all. this was very apparent when i drove my new car back which didn't have anthing on the screen and the wipers needed replacing. visibility was shocking.

another screen protect that might be worth a try is duxback; i've seen it in halfords auto centre and this stuff has come from the aviation sector where they use it on aircraft windscreens. and apparently its meant to be better than rainex. but you have to go to the auto centre to have it appled, and at £30 i'm happy to stick with my rainex which came to £10 for the 2 bottles.

IMO PIAA wipers are a rip. Your paying through the nose for not great protection.

IMO clay your screen or use glass cutter, then clean it with something good like nilglass. Then put on rainx or G1. Much much better than the piaa ones and half the price, also use the a decent screen wash and your sorted. But some people like PIAA.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360299341491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

:teeth:

very good for the price. ive just bought a pair, 2 actually, another set for a micra. i broke a clip on fitting and they sent another one out. excellent customer service. well recomended.

its a copy of the Bosch ones; i'd rather spend a bit extra and get the bosch ones

its a copy of the Bosch ones; i'd rather spend a bit extra and get the bosch ones

why pay extra just for a name,

especially if you intend to change every 12 months

just a note, that most people don't realise, wipers should really be changed every 12 months, think of it like a service item, or MOT item

for £10, you cant go wrong really.

why pay extra just for a name,

especially if you intend to change every 12 months

just a note, that most people don't realise, wipers should really be changed every 12 months, think of it like a service item, or MOT item

for £10, you cant go wrong really.

true dat :lol::thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360299341491&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

:teeth:

very good for the price. ive just bought a pair, 2 actually, another set for a micra. i broke a clip on fitting and they sent another one out. excellent customer service. well recomended.

i bought these thinking well its only tenner but i have to say they have to be one of the best wiper blades i ve had on any car.

highly recommended :thumbs:

I have now gone with the Retro-fit flat beam wiper blades or Aero wipers........look absolutley stunning, far less bulky than the standard wipers on the Zed and they are SSSSOOOOOOOOO Good, can't believe my eyes that I have glass in my screen sometimes now. What a difference new wipers make!!!!!!! :teeth:

I would like to say though.....if anyone is after this style of wiper blade, then DO check out the Autobulbs Direct or ABD website; superb customer service and delivery.

I ordered via the internet on Friday 27th May at 09.30am, recieved an email from them 10 minutes later stating my order had been processed and within 30 minutes another email stating they had been dispatched via the standard 2-4 working day delivery package that I had chosen at no extra cost (bargain). Even with the free standard delivery service selected I still recieved my wiper set from my posty at 10.00am on Tuesday 31st May (this is taking into account that the Monday was a bank holiday) so basically recieved the wipers on a next day delivery.......WOW!!!!

And to top this..... being a member on here, one of the FANTASTIC administrators will PM you a special discount code and the order becomes even cheaper.

As I have said WOW........check them out.....ABD :thumbs:

Well I have also just invested the £10 off ebay I'll let you know how they go once they arrive.

I have been in the market for some new ones.

Thank you for posting the link saved me the effort of looking, i'm a right lazy sod though :lol:

Well my £10 ebay jobs are awesome.

Would definitely recommend them. Delivered quickly perfect fit, work a treat.

Even ordered some for the GF's car and the old man's!

Least there are still 'some' baragins to be found on ebay.... :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Well Im obviousely the forum cheap skate cos I bought mine from Tesco. Cheap as chips and cant say Ive noticed any probs with them. Just cant bring myself to spend £15 :scare: or so on one wiper blade at these motorist discount shops.