Biscuits new toy...pics page 3

rtbiscuit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the XKR came out I was very impressed but got to say it "aged" very quickly and lost a lot of its appeal. Hope it turns out to be a car you get a lot of satisfaction from, especially the sound of the V8.

+1 :blush::sorry:

When the XKR came out I was very impressed but got to say it "aged" very quickly and lost a lot of its appeal. Hope it turns out to be a car you get a lot of satisfaction from, especially the sound of the V8.

Each to their own chaps but I have to say I think your stone cold mad as a shithouse rat if you don't literally want to copulate with that car!!!!!!!!!!

Stunning and how much fun is it going to be fettling with it to get it back to pristine - sooooooooooooo jealous.

In fact.........how much is my Lancer worth if I sold it? :ninja:

i love the way it looks its the only older car i like, things like the GTO's supras 300zx etc don't look as nice. i've always loved them and for me its a bit of a dream car, same as the R34 is for Ian.

for me the XKR is the british version of the supra, and i fancied stepping away from the jap scene for a bit and wanted to scratch the V8 itch i had.

i know its an aquired taste, but in sports mode when the supercharger kicks in you cant' help but love it. :teeth:

Each to their own chaps but I have to say I think your stone cold mad as a shithouse rat if you don't literally want to copulate with that car!!!!!!!!!!

Stunning and how much fun is it going to be fettling with it to get it back to pristine - sooooooooooooo jealous.

In fact.........how much is my Lancer worth if I sold it? :ninja:

having been in it, sell the lancer and buy one, damn i'm tempted its lovely.

and on the note of the satnav, i used it and its way better than a birdview, did everything we asked it to and fast.

Very nice, dated a little but will be a classic in a few years time :thumbs:

The only thing I'm not keen on is the dashboard. :shrug:

Pete

i thought i wouldn't like the dash as well but its really grown on me. mine doesnt photo well, but its not like the full on bur wood finish like alot of the others, looks more like seal skin :blush: bit random i know but it looks really nice.

i was also worried that the dash would all light up in a horrible ford green colour, but i was really chuffed when driving at night it turned out to be this lovely turquoise colour. and now im in love with the dash :cloud9:

it really is a car to be seen in the flesh. in alot of the photos i looked at i was a bit unsure, but in the flesh its so much better.

i might be coming to lakez so people can get a better look there. ;)

Sounds great :thumbs: .

Now owned by Volkswagen so you should not have any reliability issues :lol:;)

whos owned by VW, as far as i am aware Jaguar land rover are owned by TATA the indian automotive company.

That is what I thought until a BBC1 News article the other day said that it had been taken over by Volkswagen.

Lovely new motor Rich :thumbs: . My missus LOVES those, that and Bentleys. I've always looked at maybe getting the saloon version for a bit of Hannibal Lecter type cred. Incredible V8.

I have to say it needs the Biscuit tlc badly. I'm sure with your expertise in that area it will be looking spanking soon.

I am very disappointed that you passed me by on your trip back. My fault for being off the forum for a bit. I would have done you a nice BBQ. Next time your in the North East, do drop in for a burger and a cold one.

Bradderz.

Congrats on the purchase, especially as its one of your dream cars!

:thumbs: Engine :cloud9:

:blush: but as a few have said the body shape doesn't do it for me. I've always thought they sit like a roller-skate. Now if it was lowered with some sort of front apron and side skirts that would be a different matter! ;)B)

:thumbs:

That's cause:

Ian wrote:

Rtbiscuit is the most awesome zed member ever! I wish I could be as cool as him!!!

its very true, i told him not to write it, but he wouldn't listen, to be honest he's getting a bit clingy at the moment. :lol:

:blush: but as a few have said the body shape doesn't do it for me. I've always thought they sit like a roller-skate. Now if it was lowered with some sort of front apron and side skirts that would be a different matter! ;)B)

there are some nice kits out there, i might at some point use some parts from Arden, but its not my first priority with the car, and in some ways i'd actually like to keep it stock looking.

there are some nice kits out there, i might at some point use some parts from Arden, but its not my first priority with the car, and in some ways i'd actually like to keep it stock looking.

Arden :thumbs: yep thats more like it! B)

carphoto237077.jpg

As you say though, each to their own. And if your after the stock look that's cool, much more gentlemanly. ;)

:thumbs:

That's cause:

Ian wrote:

Rtbiscuit is the most awesome zed member ever! I wish I could be as cool as him!!!

its very true, i told him not to write it, but he wouldn't listen, to be honest he's getting a bit clingy at the moment. :lol:

Sorry babe :p

Don't suppose you got a link to the thread i posted it on? Id like to re-read it ;)

Nice car! I reckon your shape XK looks a lot better than the newer shape currently on sale. Look after those wheels carefully because there's a car I see in the work carpark with them which haven't been looked after very well and they now look really crappy.

whos owned by VW, as far as i am aware Jaguar land rover are owned by TATA the indian automotive company.

That is what I thought until a BBC1 News article the other day said that it had been taken over by Volkswagen.

I'm not sure what article you saw but TATA definitely own Jaguar Land Rover.

Nice car! I reckon your shape XK looks a lot better than the newer shape currently on sale. Look after those wheels carefully because there's a car I see in the work carpark with them which haven't been looked after very well and they now look really crappy.

I'm not sure what article you saw but TATA definitely own Jaguar Land Rover.

BBC1 Evening News. They were talking about the WHAT Car top reliable cars and they put Skoda and Jaguar 3rd. Maybe the news presenter got the 2 companies mixed up. Have to say, TATA are shutting things down so may not be a bad move if Jag was owned by Volkswagen :thumbs: