Picking up my first 350 in 5 days!

Hey guys and girls.

Thought I'd just drop in and introduce myself. I'm Simon, living in Portsmouth, and on Saturday the 4th of June I'll be picking up my first 350Z GT! I've got my Nissan Z keyring sitting here just waiting for that key to be put on it.

For the last year and a half I've been driving a little economical (I'm guessing those two words are equivalent to swearing on here?!) car which while it gets me around doesn't give any driving joy. Before that I drove a V6 Probe which I loved and spent far too much time polishing.

So this Saturday I'll be stepping up from 65 to 276HP. I've bought a 2007 GT in black. No mods, mint condition inside and out, 29K miles on the clock. For at least a few months I'm going to appreciate and enjoy it for what it is, but am thinking of a few cosmetic mods for later. Black badges, darkened front, rear and indicator clusters and lightly tinted windows. I'd also like to get the wheels and door handles painted black - does anyone have any experience of or thoughts on getting the wheels and handles done?

:welcome: I loved the Probe when it first came out......but the time I could afford the insurance on one the Cougar was affordable so I opted for one of them.

Should be a few linkies in and pics in this thread re the black rays. Loads of us have had it done.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47928&hilit=minx+has+been

Taddy has a similar look to what your talking about - black on black on black on black :lol: Looks :cloud9:

Get some piccies up of your car when you get it

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ricey - Cheers for the links. The black wheels etc. look great so I'll definitely have to get that done. I've seen the black badges for sale on ebay, I guess that's where other people get theirs? I'll take some snaps and post them on Saturday.

Walbertonio - Please forgive my ignorance; what are HRs and DEs? According to the details provided my car was registered in April 2007.

Buster - That is a damn good idea! If all goes to plan I'll be picking up my car from Southampton at 10AM on Saturday so should be back in plenty of time to get to Port Solent. How will I spot you guys in there - or will the smell of super unleaded be obvious? :teeth:

Simon - As you're local to me, where did you get your wheels painted and how much did it cost? Also where are you getting your handles done and what's the cost of that?

Ewan221 - I wasn't on the UKPOC forum, was only a lurker then. I loved that Probe, but the engine blew up and I didn't have the money to fix it back then. It was bright red with a tasteful Mazda spolier, painted calipers and a nice set of five spokes that were worth as much as the car! I'll stick a photo of it in my album. What was your Probe like?