Best Y Pipe and where from??

Rob2005

Hi

Ive been looking into Ypipes for a while to but up to my scorpion system but im looking for a nudge in the right direction.

Now i know its this section that is renowned for restriction so im looking for the best performance (when i do an upreve etc) and nothing that will change the tone of the Scorpion too much.

Ive noticed lots of people with Japspeed Y pipes but not much else.

Try the Motordyne XYZ Pipe with race cat, and Japspeed Decats?

It's what I run and I've had nothing but good comments regarding the sound, I can link you to a youtube video if you need.

I am although running a stock exhaust, so I'd expect your Scorpion to sound a little louder.

I'm in the same boat with Rob2005, I'm awaiting a delivery of Berks HFC's from the group buy on here. I have a scorpion exhaust and I would like to replace the original Y pipe at the same time as the HFC's. My query would be, will these Y pipes make an outrageous noise over and above that I get from the scorpion exhaust.

Sorry if I appear to be hijacking the site, I am not, just the same issues, Cheers. :wave:

Ive seen the both the motordyne and Stillen pipes advertised. Im swaying towards the stillen and would really like some feedback from someone who has one.

The Motordyne is very CHA CHING!! :headhurt: But has the best gains.

Stillen is very good, I have a feeling Colin (Ebized) is running this on his 370?? (Sounds nice too)

I'm in the same boat with Rob2005, I'm awaiting a delivery of Berks HFC's from the group buy on here. I have a scorpion exhaust and I would like to replace the original Y pipe at the same time as the HFC's. My query would be, will these Y pipes make an outrageous noise over and above that I get from the scorpion exhaust.

Sorry if I appear to be hijacking the site, I am not, just the same issues, Cheers. :wave:

The Stillen is spot on, it doesn't make the scorpion much louder really.

Sounds like the Stillen it will be then, just looked at the Motordyne price :blush: looks B) though.

Did you notice any improvement from the Y pipe?

To be fair Mark @ Abbey had undertaken a number of tests and found the Motordyne item worked best. In terms of "difference" I had a large number of items done at once, De-cats, XYZ, CAI, Plenum Spacer, Uprev so with them all mapped together there was a nice gain in BHP and Torque.

Personally I love the sound of the XYZ and de-cats - I think it's a better than exhaust alone. If I was to upgrade the exhaust the main reason would be for cosmetic reasons, rather than sound. But then again the sound would change with the exhaust, so I will be very particular when the exhaust gets swapped out.

(Probably the GReddy ;) )

Hmmm, so in terms of gains then id be better going for the Mrev2 (mine being the facelift 300ps) and plenum spacer for now, then Ypipe and remap.. :wacko:

Just looking to treat myself to something for now that i will notice the gains (however slight)

Stillen Y pipe seems to pull the Scorpion into a better position. :thumbs:

But it could be the Berks HFC and Stillen together. :teeth:

I love the sound of mine now.

Berks HFC - Stillen Y - Scorpion = :cloud9: (very happy puppy)

Hmmm, so in terms of gains then id be better going for the Mrev2 (mine being the facelift 300ps) and plenum spacer for now, then Ypipe and remap.. :wacko:

Just looking to treat myself to something for now that i will notice the gains (however slight)

I can supply you with a Stillen supercharger kit... you will definately notice gains without ;)

:drive1

Id love to but the Z is only my stop Gap untill the GTR or 911 comes along when i can justify spending the money :lol:

Untill then I fancy spending around £500 on something that will make me smile... (and i mean on the car :p )

The gains from CAI, XYZ and De-cats was around 18 hub horse power, and a gain of 12 Torque.

When the MREV2 was installed I gained a further 5 hub horse and 6 torque.

So all in all CAI, XYZ, De-cats, MREV2 gained me a total of...

23 Hub Horse Power

18 Hub Torque

The difference at 4k rpm was rather noticeable :teeth:

Dumb ass question but whats a mrev2?

The MREV2 gives the 06 model improved airflow. The MREV2 is the lower collector which channels the air flow from air intake. The pre06 models have longer trumpets where the 06 model has short trumpets.

The MREV2 has the same long trumpets but the front to cylinder trumpets are shaved at the top to aid airflow. A very odd modification but works well.

It's the 06 296bhp model that can take on this mod. If you're doing plenum spacer then throw this on at the same time as the upper plenum will be off, just a case of taking the lower collector off and replacing with MREV2

If you pm Tarmac he can get hold of them. Not sure on price.

PS - fitting the MREV2 and plenum spacer is a nice easy DIY job so don't pay a garage to do it otherwise you're looking at 2 hours labour charge. They may charge one hour but it all depends on the garage.

For DIY it can be done within the hour. First time of learning may take 2 hours?

Ironically my ESR Y pipe is blowing badly (its done 40k with previous owner so its lasted well). Annoyingly this means i may be about to spend more money on the exhaust on the car doh!

Greddy Spectrum fitted last month (supplied by Tarmac). Really liking it. Quiet when cruising, but on WOT its nice and aggressive.

I suspect a Stillen Y pipe might be in order now....PM sent :lol: