Car Computer/Nav/OBD2/ Reader - Ready - With Video

Cookbot

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All - I believe cookie is now away possibly in the US gaining his pilots license from what I recall. I doubt if he will be able to make these going forward. Im sure if and when he returns he may be able to assist with parts lists etc for those wanting a system. You may also find as technology moves on the next generation of in car entertainment will be developed..

It is just a tablet hardwired to a 12v socket and a button wired on to turn on / off.

I have just bought a Xoom tablet which if is wasn't so big would be ideal as it has all onscreen buttons with just an on/off switch on the back so I am pretty sure I could wire it into the car if it fitted.

Just a case of having the balls to buy a cheap tablet and take it apart, just make sure it isnt one that has a button on the front like an iPad :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All - I believe cookie is now away possibly in the US gaining his pilots license from what I recall. I doubt if he will be able to make these going forward. Im sure if and when he returns he may be able to assist with parts lists etc for those wanting a system. You may also find as technology moves on the next generation of in car entertainment will be developed..

Hi there mate, sorry to bring up an old thread, but recently bought the 250z from eck that you have fitted this nice bit of kit in. Currently im loading up my external hardrive with stuff so i can put on the tablet via USB transfer.

It still has Jon's (eck) google/android account on there and i cant get rid and make mine the primary account unless i factory restore.........If i do this will i lose mall the updated software and be a nightmare to set back up again? Anyone know?

Cheers guys.

You should be able to go into accounts and remove his completely. Failing that if you can remove all the sync options. To my knowledge there are no primary accounts, but if you add yours, you should be able to remove his.

Hi there mate, sorry to bring up an old thread, but recently bought the 250z from eck that you have fitted this nice bit of kit in. Currently im loading up my external hardrive with stuff so i can put on the tablet via USB transfer.

It still has Jon's (eck) google/android account on there and i cant get rid and make mine the primary account unless i factory restore.........If i do this will i lose mall the updated software and be a nightmare to set back up again? Anyone know?

Cheers guys.

Also to answer your other question re factory default, it all depends on how the ROM has been designed. It may have been a stock android ROM and then apps installed, in which case you will lose all the apps. It may have been built with a custom ROM where the apps are embedded, so when a factory restore is done the apps are already installed. Unless they are custom apks that have have been installed then it shouldn't be too difficult to reinstall them, just need to connect it to your wifi and download them from google market place/ google play. You may be able to move the apps to the sd card, so when you do a factory reset they will remane untouched. PM me if you want anymore help, or add me on gchat ************ mod edit

Purely up to you Ewan. This forum has 4 or 5 bots or spiders crawling round it at any one time.

Are you happy for your gmail address (above) to be out there ?

We usualy suggest sending them by PM.

• 4 weeks later...