Car Computer/Nav/OBD2/ Reader - Ready - With Video

Cookbot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got a 54 plate without sat nav system how much would it cost for a bit of this amazing kit in my car?

It looks amazing :-)

Luke

If people are desperate to have this device of wonders in there car, I can get the cubby and blanking plate from nissan, but it's likely to be about £140 just for the plastics alone. R35lee can get em less, so was just going to wait for him to get back to me.

If you do want now bet on it been about £515 with only an 8gb card!! :scare:

Just fitted the screen to Ken's car today in prep of the parts coming in the next fortnight and can confirm that for those of you with birdviews, it fits well although the button location will be brought forward onto the flat section so not to interfere with the touch screen, unless you'd rather have them there, it's your nav!!!

9d5cb2db-orig.jpg

Cookie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still struggling to get these with out paying bloated dealer prices, as they want about £130 which makes the unit cost over £500. I can do it if you want it enough though.

The cubby in question is here and if you can source one your self, the price in the 1st post stands:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/cart/description.php?II=4234&Car_Type=NIS350&UID=2011030209522066.249.68.229

You'll also need this too:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/cart/description.php?II=4190&Car_Type=NIS350&UID=2011060815033492.41.9.181

I might be moving to Florida for 5 month next Jan so will be able to bring a load back probably.

Cookie

• 2 weeks later...
Yea, the one that already contains the bird view is fine, if not better. The pull down flap colour will match the rest of the dash. Pricing in the first post.

End of July for mine then :thumbs: Do u want a deposit from me then Coobot?

• 1 month later...

Hey dude I'm interested in a very basic sat nav and poss tv tuner system, I currently have the jap sat nav installed with a motorised cubby door, I'm looking to take all the jap stuff out then replace it with one of your systems, are there pretty much plug and play?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting this.. I have a half-built carputer so either going to carry on with that or get one of these. Couple of questions:

1. Android 2.3 - do you think there's any chance it could be upgraded to 3, if not now then at a later date? I realise from an app point-of-view that it isn't really that much of an issue, but I have 3.2 on my Xoom so would be nice to get something similar :)

2. The buttons - are they just standard momentary push-on buttons with two connections? What functions do the buttons perform? The reason I ask is I might consider mounting the buttons elsewhere or using different buttons just for person preference, really.. but it depends what type of buttons are needed and what they actually do.

Great work with this, it looks really good.

Thanks!

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

It has only just gone from 2.2 to 2.3, so can't see an update soon. As for the buttons, they're just push to make and do the home, back, power and menu functions.

With the 07 Z with the buttons, I don't see it being too hard to splice into the connections to use the buttons. You should be able to pick which button does what too. It would look true oem factory fit then.

Cookbot

• 3 weeks later...

With the next andoid update (ice cream sandwich), it may be possible that you do not need and physical buttons to operate the device, when this comes out next month would we be able to put this on.

Also another way to of not needing physical buttons maybe to use meego? its still open source but again the OS does not need any physical buttons

• 3 weeks later...

Several weeks ago Cookbot replaced my factory fitted Birdsview Sat Nav, it is only recently that i have had the time to play around with the system.

Although i could have lived with the factory fitted Birdsview system, the Sat Nav in the new touch screen is faster and much easier to use. In addition the ability to add other programs or application makes this system far more multipurpose.

I would have to confess that i am not up to speed with this type of gadget/tecnology and therefore not best placed to give information on the technical aspects. This type of information i will leave to someone more capable like Chesterfield, who has had the system fitted and has detailed the technical specifications on an earlier post.

Being on hand at every stage of the build and installation of this system, i could not fault the eye for detail on the modification that were made. Also the care taken when fitting the new system in the Zed was first class.

If you are looking for a replacement for the factory fitted Birdsview system or a new ''cubby'' system, take a look at this system Cookbot has built.

Well done Cookie.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there mate, sorry to bring up an old thread, but recently bought the 250z from eck that you have fitted this nice bit of kit in. Currently im loading up my external hardrive with stuff so i can put on the tablet via USB transfer.

It still has Jon's (eck) google/android account on there and i cant get rid and make mine the primary account unless i factory restore.........If i do this will i lose mall the updated software and be a nightmare to set back up again? Anyone know?

Cheers guys.